Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Greetings to All,

I have been a long time FARO shareholder(2003,yes a Retarded Monkey) and have bought on the dips and sold into upward movement into the stock over the years. At one time I owed over 700 shares but presently hold 300 shares. All of my major decisions, for the most part, have beeen based on information gained throught the great insight of Stan, Livefromhopkins, jeffbas, earlookin and many more.

Over the years I have tried to do a DCF analysis of FARO. I have read many articles on the FOOL and other places. I even fought throught FoulWeather's Simple and Cheap DCF Spreedsheet Tutotial. All of the math and Excell spreedsheet work was difficult for me. By trade I am a retired construction work-laborer of 40 years. I know how to read a tape measure but spreedsheets and gathering financial input for Excell is beyond my capabilities.

I have tried but do not trust my computer skills. Paper and pencil computation of complex formulas are not my cup of tea( to old school).

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone who has already established a DCF spreedsheet and has recently done a DCF analysis of FARO would be willing to part with the results of their work product.

My frustration , is that the different websites that offer DCF calculators all use different metrics and inputs. For example WikiWeath claims the fair value for FARO is $18 and GuruFocus $20. Which is right?? A conservative valuation is my goal.

I feel confortable trusting the FOOL contributors because I value their opinions and expertise over the years. Any help in this endeavour will be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance to all that contribute.

Respectfully, Mike

P.S., My recent attempt(4/9/2011) on FoulWeather DCF tutorial has FARO's intrinsic value at $8.19!!! What say you???
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement