Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stockmover Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: Fair value of items for donation software? Date: 12/16/2008 10:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Everyone.
I know that some tax software like Turbo Tax has a program called "Its Deductible" (I think) . I was wondering if anyone knows of any free software that is available online that shows the fair market value of items for IRS purposes (ie clothes, household items etc) that I plan to donate to Goodwill this year. I too will not be using TT this year!
Thanks for any info.

TG
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lorenzo2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 102993 of 121061
Subject: Re: Fair value of items for donation software? Date: 12/16/2008 11:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I was wondering if anyone knows of any free software that is available online that shows the fair market value of items for IRS purposes

It's not exactly software, but you can always look at something like this

http://www.fwgoodwill.org/2007%20Valuation%20Guide.pdf

to get a rough idea of the value of donations. It's a start, at least...

Another approach is to visit a local thrift shop and see what they're charging for shirts, coats, small appliances, etc. It's a good idea to value things on the low side. That shirt with the slightly frayed collar that you paid $45 for is worth maybe $5...

Lorenzo

Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103005 of 121061
Subject: Re: Fair value of items for donation software? Date: 12/17/2008 1:15 PM
Recommendations: 2
Or this one from Salvation Army
http://www.satruck.com/usw/www_usw_arcdonate.nsf/vw-dynamic-...

Bob

Author: stockmover Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103090 of 121061
Subject: Re: Fair value of items for donation software? Date: 12/19/2008 8:56 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks Lorenzo and Bob. These lists have been very helpful.

TG

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement