UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1954909  
Subject: Faith Date: 12/9/2012 2:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2012/12/rabbi-david...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1843444 of 1954909
Subject: Re: Faith Date: 12/9/2012 7:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I'm 5 minutes in, and it's already a boatload of historical revisionism. Christianity did not "pacify" Rome, it's not like violence ceased and international conflict ended. These major conflicts he's referring to are political and economic. It's not like the church infrastructure wasn't heavily involved in the political; it's not like Christianity didn't start turning on its own citizens to keep them in line.

Sorry, I can't be bothered with the rest when it starts off with such spurious arguments.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1843449 of 1954909
Subject: Re: Faith Date: 12/9/2012 7:11 PM
Christianity did not "pacify" Rome, it's not like violence ceased and international conflict ended.

That's not what he said. Nor was it his point.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement