Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11  
Subject: FalconStor Soars Date: 11/17/2005 3:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2005/mft05111711.htm?ref=btp

FalconStor Soars
By M.D. Mitchell
November 17, 2005

Trends amaze me, because sometimes they fade as quickly as they appear -- and not just in fashion and music. I've seen many technology trends flop, as well, but the need for increasing data storage solutions is exponentially growing and will probably not be going away anytime soon.

After all, ours is an Information Age, resplendent with high-tech gizmos and gadgets that continue to produce mind-boggling piles of bytes. Big storage players like EMC (NYSE: EMC), IBM (NYSE: IBM), and Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ) may be well positioned to dominate, but lately I've been watching a much smaller company, FalconStor Storage (Nasdaq: FALC).....
Print the post Back To Top
Author: redsox2005 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 11
Subject: Re: FalconStor Soars Date: 11/21/2005 11:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I have followed and owned this stock for a long, long, long time. Began accumulating when it was Network Peripherals. Couple of comments from the inside to ponder,

CEO of Techtarget told me the software is great but their sales teams stink.

A reseller system integrator said just about the same thing. So does the technology win out?

I am happy to see positive notes and especially glad when I saw the fool write up.

Still holding until it gets back to $50 bucks per share so I can break even.

Author: PoliceJockey Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 11
Subject: Re: FalconStor Soars Date: 12/28/2005 10:33 AM
I'd like Rich to comment on your take, sox:

CEO of Techtarget told me the software is great but their sales teams stink.

A reseller system integrator said just about the same thing. So does the technology win out?

This was one of the, if not THE, major problem with little CDIC (discussed on the HG boards during the past couple years. Great product, lousy sales. The stock suffered measurably, taking my - thankfully small - position with it.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was thinking of nibbling on this one after a little more DD and you gave me a good enough reason to stay away for now.

PJ (Still long CDIC, but not very in terms of value)

Author: redsox2005 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 11
Subject: Re: FalconStor Soars Date: 1/11/2006 4:22 PM
Not sure if you guys are following it - but FALC just broke out over the last five days - I know the market has been up but I think it is based upon my selling a couple of shares on Dec 31st to offset my capital gains.

Morgan Keegan issued an update on Falc that, I heard, was extremely bullish - if anyone has a copy I would love reading it.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement