Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: biopharm Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 138  
Subject: Falling Date: 2/13/2003 1:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What is up with Baxter International? Does anybody know why it is continuing to fall? Richard...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jfolkestad Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 114 of 138
Subject: Re: Falling Date: 2/14/2003 8:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
The downward trend for Baxter I hope is just investor jitters. I have several stocks I am watching that like BAX have had the same southly trend since October. It seems to be the same for the total market with negative nervousness about the uncertainty about Iraq, terrorist attacks, slow or no improvement in the economy.

I have had BAX since 1971. I find the leadership at BAX better now and am going to stay the course. It is still one of the stocks choosen by institutional investors.

John

Author: gregmoehl Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115 of 138
Subject: Re: Falling Date: 2/14/2003 10:00 AM
Don't take my word for this, but it seems that the recent panic over some sort of particulate debris in blood bank collection bags was Baxter-linked. Turned out to be platelet aggregation (duh) but the follow up story got buried, whereas the "contamination" was front page news.

The story is really only a click away: http://quote.fool.com/news/symbolnews.asp?guid={EABA0B51-F4CA-4BD7-A6B7-6FF2F243DA97}&currticker=bax&symbols=bax&nx=&bx=

Author: biopharm Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116 of 138
Subject: Re: Falling Date: 2/14/2003 2:46 PM
That's always the case, the sensitional nature of our press. They rearly give the follow up as much coverage.

Author: gregmoehl Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117 of 138
Subject: Re: Falling Date: 2/14/2003 3:33 PM
Of course, I went back and looked at the longer term chart. Then realized there's a lot more to it than just this one silly episode of adverse publicity.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement