Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dbphoenix Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 23025  
Subject: FAQ Date: 6/8/2000 8:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 27
The FAQ for this board has been uploaded to my website (http://home.talkcity.com//MoneySt/dbphoenix/). There you will find an explanation of CANSLIM, a list of acronyms and abbreviations, a reading list, and of course the FAQ.

If you want to go through the front door, enter the Workshop from the first page, then on to Workshop D.

However, if you prefer a direct link, use the following:
http://home.talkcity.com//MoneySt/dbphoenix/WorkshopD.htm

If for any reason you bookmark the page directly from the site, don't forget to add an extra slash after "com" to get rid of the pop-up ads.

If your computer blows up and you lose all your bookmarks, just type my name into the locator window of your browser and hit Enter.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: sbmcdonald One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6222 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 6/8/2000 9:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
<<The FAQ for this board has been uploaded to my website>>

I just printed out the whole thing. What an impressive amount of work and great information. Thanks for your hard work, insightful comments, and willingness to share your experience with so many of us who might have been throwing money to the wind without your guidance.

Watching the fish. Ignoring the noise.

Steve

Author: dbphoenix Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6224 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 6/8/2000 9:53 PM
Recommendations: 0
Frankly I wouldn't have messed with it if Bill hadn't provided the posts. And there's a lot back there that doesn't come under the category of FAQ. Like Mark's end-of-year summaries. Those are easy to find, but there may be other stuff back there that's not so easy to find that's worth tagging somehow. If anybody has any ideas (and wants to do the digging), let me know.

Author: hoopers Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6225 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 6/8/2000 10:36 PM
Thanks for creating a FAQ. Great idea.
Dave.

Author: jlepark Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6235 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 6/9/2000 8:52 AM
Thanks, db! It looks like I have a lot of reading to do.

Author: wcf One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6745 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 6/21/2000 10:46 PM
Get this error when trying to access Mark's FAQ.
Not Found

The requested URL //MoneySt/dbphoenix/Kunka was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.9 Server at home.talkcity.com Port 80

Author: mkunka Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6747 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 6/21/2000 10:55 PM
There is an underline missing between Kunka and File.htm

Author: dbphoenix Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6748 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 6/21/2000 11:03 PM
It's fixed.

Author: fivesolas Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15702 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 7/4/2001 8:06 PM
My first post here and I have a question about a routine weekly "how to" of tracking potential purchases (or possible sales). Over the last two or three months I have read HTMMIS, Investing Smart (that is somewhat out dated), 24 Essential Lessons, everything in the learning center at the IDB site including Ask Bill archives and I have been an IBD subscriber/reader for about a month. So far I haven't made a dime and probably lost a few, but I understand that is currently due to M in CANSLIM.

Anyway I want to be organized and efficient in hopes that I can limit my time to 20-30 min per day and an hour or two per weekend. I have been using the web site power tool stock checkup rating to decide what to follow and I track only those with A+ rating. I keep a spread sheet list which seems to stay at about 100 tickers that are A+. I note the few that seem to have any resemblance to CWH's, flat base or double bottom. I use Friday WER, daily Stocks in the News, Where the Big Money's ..., and the daily screen on the web site. I then pick out two or three for a prospect list for the week and if breakout and volume are right, I purchase. The FAQ addressed this to some extent, but it did not incorporate the use of the new "power tools" on the web site that now exist.

Any suggestions on organizational techniques, particularly with the power tools, that might achieve greater efficiency (and success)? or if this has been discussed before, a reference to the post/thread would be great.

Thanks,
John

Author: dbphoenix Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15703 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 7/4/2001 8:12 PM

Since your questions center around IBD and its features, you'd best ask them on the IBD board if you want comprehensive answers:

http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=15271943&bid=115130

--Db

Author: snoot65 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19428 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 8/15/2002 7:20 AM
phoenix , your website is down.

Author: eboller Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19429 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 8/15/2002 7:27 AM
read the last few messages =P

Author: snoot65 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19442 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 8/16/2002 4:59 PM
phoenix your site is down......

Author: TheVlad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19443 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 8/16/2002 5:46 PM
phoenix your site is down......

I think we've all heard that by now.

Author: ICoyote One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19585 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 9/13/2002 11:11 PM
I was trying to see the FAQ for this board supposedly posted at http://home.talkcity.com//MoneySt/dbphoenix/ but I can't get to it.

Is it me? Or is it somewhere else?

Author: Whitsnow Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19586 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 9/14/2002 12:04 AM
Try this:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=16912241

Author: Hallucigenia Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20791 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 3/27/2004 8:05 AM
Although the FAQ can still be found archived at

http://web.archive.org/web/20020216014251/http://home.talkcity.com/MoneySt/dbphoenix/WorkshopD.htm

Author: dbphoenix Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20792 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 3/27/2004 8:22 AM

Unfortunately, most of it's out of date. It's a new millenium, and I suggest starting over.

Author: CipherinFool Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20818 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 4/4/2004 9:22 PM
Hey Db,

Was trying to hunt the CANSLIM FAQ link down, unfortunately it looks like talkcity has wiped all it's home pages. Are you aware of this, and is there an alternative FAQ location?

regards, CF

Author: dbphoenix Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20819 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 4/4/2004 9:52 PM

I probably won't rewrite and update the FAQ unless the board comes back to life. In the meantime, you can investigate the IBD site:

www.investors.com/

Author: petervrolix Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21878 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 11/11/2004 8:39 AM
Hi,

I just joined this BBS and am a newby for CANSLIM. I noted a FAQ link but the link is dead. IT's a while ago but hope if you can refresh that link ?

Many thanks,

Peter

Author: tiocsti Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21879 of 23025
Subject: Re: FAQ Date: 11/11/2004 9:12 AM
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=20910093

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement