Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SteveR1960 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 24983  
Subject: FAQ Removal: Silent Protest Date: 5/18/2002 1:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 144
Folks,

first - please 'recommend' this post in silent protest. I will post links on other biotech boards to help increase the numbers. I hope we can far exceed the 70 something the 'how many read this board' post received earlier last week.

As for my opinion, removing the FAQ link is really is a shame. My presumption, based on the way TMFTwitty wrote his post on the MLNM board was that the MLNM FAQ was removed because it was so old and out of date:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17233686

This is not the case here and I presume the removal was a mistake. Nevertheless, the FAQ was removed and for now a silent protest seems appropriate.

The FAQs help new people and is a good depository of some basic information to refer back to. I plan to maintain the site as planned, with or without a link from this site. In fact, the planned improvements were to upgrade the site so significantly we could have even better investor discussions because there would be generous amount of drug product sales data and pipeline information. These improvements are partially complete but not yet posted on the site. I hope this is not viewed as arrogant, but I thought this board's FAQ was a model for all others. Volunteers contributing to enhance discussions on investing with an aim to be 'inclusive', by facilitating new participants to access the knowledge so entrenched in long time participants.

Without reservation, I can say my discussions on this board have immensely improved my understanding of business models and what to look for in biotech investments. My commitment to keep the FAQ going remains. Call it 1 part altruism, 1 part selfishness, 2 parts fun.

One of the downsides that occurred when TMF blocked posting and long term board reading by nonmembers is nonmembers cannot access TMF board links in the FAQ. In response, I had planned to incorporate the information from great posts without direct links. For example, for the tracking portfolios, I would merely reproduce the data and even have charts from my own graphing program to provide various views of their performance and some spreadsheets. I may end up leaving links to many posts for TMF members, but will try as much as possible to extract the intent of the content without blatantly infringing TMF. I have ethics.

I am sure there is some great reason for all this, likely a mistake.

Steve

p.s. I plan to email TMF to let them know the Biotech FAQ is up to date and the should reinstate the link to it. I am sure this will resolve the matter.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement