Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 441310  
Subject: fascinating NOVA Date: 3/22/2013 11:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
About the computer WATSON, built to play Jeopardy against humans. Explains how they taught the computer (very interesting approach...don't make it rule based, give it lots of examples so it can figure out what is being said, and an "A" looks like, etc). And some unexpected errors it makes because of how it would parse what was said and the information it tapped to decide on an answer. For example, it didn't understand that "the '40s'" meant the 1940s.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/smartest-machine-on-earth....

The the right is the "watch the program" button, so you can watch if you are intrigued. I found it very interesting, and I'm not an computer scientist or programmer.
Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement