UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NechesInvst Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 440  
Subject: Fat Tuesday Date: 2/20/2007 10:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I used to work with a guy, Jessie, who was a grumpy Cajun.

He would take the entire week of Ash Wednesday off--for religious reasons.

The company we worked for was based in Louisiana (though we were in Texas), and the company would take off Fat Tuesday. In fact, I believe it's a state (Louisiana) holiday.

Of course, he would take off Ash Wednesday as well.

Then he thought, why come in on Monday only to take the next two days off. So, he'd take off Monday.

Jessie didn't work on Friday at all, and so he figured, why come in one day for the entire week? So he took off Thursday, just to round things out.

I like that.

Mike
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 1HappyFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 421 of 440
Subject: Re: Fat Tuesday Date: 2/21/2007 4:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We hear about how most Catholics are "cafeteria Catholics". It sounds like Jessie was a cafeteria employee. <g>

I celebrated Fat Tuesday with Paczkis. I'm not Polish, but there are so many local Poles that even the WalMart bakery had them. They showed up about a month before Fat Tuesday.

1HF

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement