UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1967209  
Subject: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 5:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 42
t as he gave his emotional testimony, pleading with lawmakers to improve mental health options and to ban assault weapons like the one Adam Lanza used to murder his child and 25 other people, his speech was interrupted by dozens of audience members, The Connecticut Post reported.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/neil-heslin-father-...

These people are simply too stupid to understand that a "right", be it speech or gun ownership, does not justify irresponsibility. Responsibility therefore requires regulation.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856178 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 5:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Newtown-dad-to-lawmakers...

There is the video. He's hardly heckled. He asked a question and was waiting for a response.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856180 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 5:53 PM
Recommendations: 1
He wasn't heckled. Someone was asking me what standing on the bodies of little kids for political gain looks like. Well, here you go.

Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856185 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 6:07 PM
Recommendations: 2
He wasn't heckled. Someone was asking me what standing on the bodies of little kids for political gain looks like. Well, here you go.

Show the guys some respect. They did not have to yell anything and let the man make his point. If it had been reversed and a 'lefty' had done the same thing, we would hear the same point from the other side.

In this case, the father was giving his point of view from losing his son. Don't say anything and let him be would have been the more respectful point.

But as Jedi likes to point out, more evidence of culture/respect/manners breaking down...

Icemann

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856187 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 6:11 PM
Recommendations: 9
Sounds like there's some opportunities for synergy between the NRA and Westboro Baptist.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856191 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 6:17 PM
Recommendations: 0
Show the guys some respect. They did not have to yell anything and let the man make his point. If it had been reversed and a 'lefty' had done the same thing, we would hear the same point from the other side.

Not from me, you wouldn't. Look, I respect the guy's suffering, but let's be honest about this: he's there to make an emotional plea and that pregnant pause in his statement was there for effect.

In this case, the father was giving his point of view from losing his son. Don't say anything and let him be would have been the more respectful point.

But as Jedi likes to point out, more evidence of culture/respect/manners breaking down...

I'd agree with you had the guy actually been heckled.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856200 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 6:42 PM
Recommendations: 7
I'd agree with you had the guy actually been heckled.

Some of the crowd shouted "Second Amendment!"

I'd call that heckling.

And as for the pause... the guy just lost his son. At one point, he said to the crowd.. something to the effect of "I wonder what these people would say if it was their son lying in the casket and they were looking down at their son with a bullet hole in his forehead."

A pause for effect? That is dismissive.

Again, the guy just lost his son.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856205 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 6:46 PM

And? It's in the Constitution.

I'd call that heckling.

Of course you would.

And as for the pause... the guy just lost his son. At one point, he said to the crowd.. something to the effect of "I wonder what these people would say if it was their son lying in the casket and they were looking down at their son with a bullet hole in his forehead."

Actually what he said was, "I ask if there’s anybody in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question … why anybody in this room needs to have one of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high-capacity clips."

But thanks for proving my point: he was there to score emotional points and shame the pro-gun side into capitulating to his argument. That's an exceedingly cheap and dishonest tactic, and shame on whatever jerk it was that put this poor guy up to it.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856211 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 6:56 PM
Recommendations: 7

So? It's still "heckling". Interrupting the parent of a dead kid who is giving testimony... is heckling, regardless of what they shouted.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856215 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 6:59 PM
Recommendations: 108
But thanks for proving my point: he was there to score emotional points and shame the pro-gun side into capitulating to his argument. That's an exceedingly cheap and dishonest tactic, and shame on whatever jerk it was that put this poor guy up to it.

Some idiot just put a bullet through the brain of his child. What makes you think that his testimony wasn't heartfelt? Other than your ideological bias that sees anyone who disagrees with you as dishonest and a liar, of course?

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856217 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 7:02 PM
Some idiot just put a bullet through the brain of his child. What makes you think that his testimony wasn't heartfelt? Other than your ideological bias that sees anyone who disagrees with you as dishonest and a liar, of course?

I didn't call him a liar. i didn't call him anything. You just put words in my mouth.

What you're doing is committing the Appeal to Emotion logical fallacy. Look it up; I'm not linking there any more. You also completed the two-fer by setting up a strawman.

Seriously. You used to have way more game than this.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856218 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 7:03 PM
So? It's still "heckling". Interrupting the parent of a dead kid who is giving testimony... is heckling, regardless of what they shouted.

Oh, so if someone had shouted, "There's no reason for the AR-15 ever!" under your logic that's heckling, too.

Come on, Bill. You're not even bring Rightime's level of game to this. The guy asked a question - to the audience - and received and answer.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856221 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 7:16 PM
Interrupting the parent of a dead kid who is giving testimony... is heckling, regardless of what they shouted.

It doesn't seem like he was interrupted.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856228 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 8:15 PM
Oh, so if someone had shouted, "There's no reason for the AR-15 ever!" under your logic that's heckling, too.

Correct. That would be heckling too. Or at the very least- disrespectful to the entire body of folks who were there.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856241 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 9:53 PM
People with no sense of decency and less intellect will never understand Iceman.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856244 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 9:59 PM
Recommendations: 4
Seriously. You used to have way more game than this.

Don't assume that Bill thinks a kid with a .223 in his head is a game. That's you, and it's sociopathic.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856247 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 10:18 PM
Recommendations: 45

Yeah, what a bastard.

Just because his six-year-old son was murdered by a gun-welling madman doesn't mean he gets to be all emotional about it.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856248 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 10:20 PM
These people are simply too stupid to understand that a "right", be it speech or gun ownership, does not justify irresponsibility. Responsibility therefore requires regulation.

Disagree. Heckling, though impolite, is okay. It should be neither forbidden nor restricted. In this case it made the hecklers look like a$$holes, so it actually did some good.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856249 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 10:25 PM
---
I didn't call him a liar. i didn't call him anything. You just put words in my mouth.

Stop it! You're pinning my irony meter!

Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856251 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 10:27 PM
Recommendations: 51

He's there to put a human face on the cost of the 2nd amendment. His child became the collateral damage of the right to bear arms.
That it makes you uncomfortable to be faced with the bloody carnage that is the direct result of your political position doesn't mean it's "cheap and dishonest" (how could it possibly be dishonest??) to do so.

In fact, it's necessary.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856257 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 11:04 PM
Recommendations: 44
I just saw the video and wouldn't call it heckling, at least not of the malicious sort. I wouldn't call it an answer to Mr. Heslin's question, where he is asking why anyone needs high-capacity mags and assault weapons (as I write this, Lawrence O'Donnell is making the exact same observation, though he is insisting on the "heckling" descriptor). Regardless, I'll say Mr. Heslin is a better man than I am.

As the father of a six-year-old son, this stuff just slays me.

"He was a boy that loved life. Lived it to the fullest…He was my son, he was my buddy, he was my best friend." Heslin said.

I'll say it again, Mr. Heslin is a better man than I am. Because if it were me testifying and someone tried to defend the tools and culture that murdered my son by yelling out "Second Amendment shall not be infringed," well ... let's just say there would be a scene.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856261 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/29/2013 11:51 PM

Disagree. Heckling, though impolite, is okay. It should be neither forbidden nor restricted. In this case it made the hecklers look like a$$holes, so it actually did some good.

Think it through. Someone was running the meeting, and they ought to have laid down some groundrules to begin with because they almost certainly knew there'd be sociopaths there. Government need not be the source of regulation. I agree that once again, as they always do, the righties shot themselves in the ass with a lack of self-control, but do you really value that above common decency? You're not one of the sociopaths. Not all rules are codified. Decency may and usually should be enforced by individuals and organizations.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856271 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 1:36 AM

it's like they're running a contest to see
how obnoxious they can be and still
be defended by their comrades

NTTAWWT !!

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856284 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 8:24 AM
Oh hell, what difference does it make?

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856289 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 8:46 AM
Mr Heslin is better than I am too.

He did ask a question though. After the question he seemed anxious that no one could answer his question. It almost seemed that he was begging for an answer, any answer.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856296 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 9:34 AM
Actually what he said was, "I ask if there’s anybody in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question … why anybody in this room needs to have one of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high-capacity clips."

So, just for the record... if someone asks a question, stops, waits for an answer and you answer him that's "heckling" per the lefties. But calling NRA members murderers is the utmost of civil discourse.

Nope, no double-standard there. Carry on libtards, carry on.

Author: TMFSpeck Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856304 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 9:49 AM
Recommendations: 5

Since "decency" and "respect" aren't in there, I guess there are some who think such doesn't matter.

Speck

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856305 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 9:51 AM
But calling NRA members murderers is the utmost of civil discourse.

Did it come in the middle of an official hearing?

If so, the heckler(s) should have been frog marched out of the room.

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856327 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 10:51 AM
Recommendations: 62

So, every time some rube on RECF posts a story (probably rec'd by you) about some 80 year old grandma fending off home invaders by waving around her Colt 45, that's not trying to score "emotional points"?

It's an emotionally charged issue, isn't it. And we get both sides of it. If grandma is of sound mind and can handle a gun, fine, let her have it.

You, on the other hand, can only mock the grieving when they disagree with you. Oh, sure, you hedge by suggesting someone "put him up to it", but in truth your contempt is based on his point of view, not what he's been through.

That can only indicate a sadly deficient capacity for empathy on your part. You and others like you (aka the Gun Nut Club) are the reason we can't have a rational dialog about the issue.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856432 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 2:31 PM
Just because his six-year-old son was murdered by a gun-welling madman doesn't mean he gets to be all emotional about it

Yup! Just another whiny lib. Remember how the right turned on the 911 survivors when thye wanted to find out who really dropped the ball in the Bush Administration.

Same deal..whiny libs..

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856442 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 3:08 PM
-- Some of the crowd shouted "Second Amendment!" --

"And? It's in the Constitution."

What does its existence in the Constitution have to do with whether it was heckling or not?

-- I'd call that heckling. --

"Of course you would."

I think most people would. What would you call it? Random shouting?

Author: CairnDad Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856449 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 3:27 PM
He's there to put a human face on the cost of the 2nd amendment. His child became the collateral damage of the right to bear arms.
That it makes you uncomfortable to be faced with the bloody carnage that is the direct result of your political position doesn't mean it's "cheap and dishonest" (how could it possibly be dishonest??) to do so.

In fact, it's necessary.

I see.

What if Adam Lanza was free because he had committed a previous crime but had not been read his Miranda rights and had been recently set free?

Would we need to put a human face on the cost of the 5th amendment?

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856484 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 5:28 PM
The definitive article on this topic.

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/01/29/the-newtown-heckle-hoa...

Author: slowlythere Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856507 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 6:56 PM
So, every time some rube on RECF posts a story (probably rec'd by you) about some 80 year old grandma fending off home invaders by waving around her Colt 45, that's not trying to score "emotional points"?

Got a great example right here: 96-years-old wheelchair bound elderly woman uses .357 and shoots and kills 53-years-old man in her home.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2042094/96-year-old-...

It's an emotionally charged issue, isn't it. And we get both sides of it. If grandma is of sound mind and can handle a gun, fine, let her have it.

Okay, maybe 96-years-old lady had dementia.

She was arrested and charged with murder.

The dead man was her 53-years-old nephew (and wife) had been housing and caring for her, but had recently called social services and police in the weeks leading up to the murder because she was becoming threatening and dangerous. Repeated visits by police and social workers did not help him.

ST

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856510 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 7:10 PM
Investigators said the 96 year old retired postal worker was involved in a long running dispute with her nephew and police had been called to the house several times in the past month.

Several times in a month?

Geeze, just think, this might have been prevented if a social worker had come by on call two, maybe Baker acted her to the hospital where she could have been diagnosed maybe put on an anti depressant or anti psychotic ...

Oh Wait !!

The gun made her do it

That was easy

Bears

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856514 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 7:42 PM
CairnDad says

What if Adam Lanza was free because he had committed a previous crime but had not been read his Miranda rights and had been recently set free?

Well, then we'd be talking about something else, which apparently you would like to do.

Author: CairnDad Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856518 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 7:57 PM
Well, then we'd be talking about something else, which apparently you would like to do.

You missed the point. Do we only care about the price of the 2nd Amendment or do we also care about the price of the entire Bill of Rights?

Author: MissEdithKeeler Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856519 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 8:03 PM
Several times in a month?

Geeze, just think, this might have been prevented if a social worker had come by on call two, maybe Baker acted her to the hospital where she could have been diagnosed maybe put on an anti depressant or anti psychotic ...

Oh Wait !!

The gun made her do it

That was easy

Actually...
Dreading his aunt's potential to harm him and his wife, Rice called state authorities to examine her. The officials who looked into his complaint ruled that she was alert and didn't pose a threat to people around her, The Associated Press said. However, The Record said a welfare worker wanted to hospitalize Stevenson who'd threatened him with a gun.

Recently, Rice told his elderly relative that he would evict her from his home.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/27/96-year-old-woman-a...

and
The state Department of Children and Families said Rice sought help from the agency. When a DCF worker visited on Sept. 8, Stevenson reportedly threatened to use a gun if he trespassed.

http://staugustine.com/police-report/2012-03-21/woman-96-inc...

and

A Children and Families worker went to the home Sept. 8 for a report that Stevenson, not Rice, had been mistreated, Fricke said. The worker left after Stevenson said she was fine and threatened to use a gun if he trespassed, Fricke said. Authorities returned the next day, but found no evidence of neglect and Rice said he knew of no gun in the house, Fricke said.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-09-26/story/st-augus...

Because all we have to do is make sure we identify all the crazy people and make sure they don't have guns. It's really so very easy.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856550 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 9:52 PM
Oh hell, what difference does it make?

Another manifestation of the right's inherent sociopathy.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856560 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/30/2013 10:37 PM
Nice points, but you're wasting your breath.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856592 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/31/2013 1:53 AM
CairnDad says

... Do we only care about the price of the 2nd Amendment or do we also care about the price of the entire Bill of Rights?

I like to think about the prices of rights one at a time. The price of the 2nd is one thing if the 2nd means no regulation whatsoever, and another thing if the 2nd means what it actually says.

Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856600 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/31/2013 3:15 AM

Would we need to put a human face on the cost of the 5th amendment?

In any debate about the 5th amendment, OF COURSE the cost in human lives is an issue.
Two examples where the right is making the cost in human lives an emotional issue in a constitutional debate are abortion and due process for suspected militants and terrorists (see Guantanamo Bay).

Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1856602 of 1967209
Subject: Re: Father of murdered boy heckled by righties Date: 1/31/2013 4:43 AM

You missed the point. Do we only care about the price of the 2nd Amendment or do we also care about the price of the entire Bill of Rights?

Of course we care about the price of the entire Bill of Rights.
As GWB said, "the constitution is no suicide pact".
Of course he and I differ on where we would draw the line (torture, indefinite detention without trial, no due process, etc.)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement