UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1951159  
Subject: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 11:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A recent poll shows that a quarter of the electorate says that the Cherokee issue makes them less likely to vote for Warren. While WaPo spins that as good for Warren, in a race which is dead even, an issue which makes a quarter of the electorate less likely to vote for a candidate is big. Even 10% of Democrats say it makes them less likely to vote for Warren, along with 30% of independents.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821980 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 11:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 24
"A recent poll shows that a quarter of the electorate says that the Cherokee issue makes them less likely to vote for Warren."

I'll bet right now that that "quarter" wasn't voting for her anyway even without your Indian heritage issue ever being raised.

Ken

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821992 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 12:21 PM
Tough decision....

Vote for a woman who falsely claimed she was part Cherokee....

... or for the guy who paid for law school by posing nude for Playgirl magazine.

decisions... decision.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821994 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 12:31 PM
Recommendations: 1
"Vote for a woman who falsely claimed she was part Cherokee....'

You misspelled: "may have been misinformed by her family and incorrectly"

Ken

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821997 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 12:34 PM
Recommendations: 3
You misspelled: "may have been misinformed by her family and incorrectly"

Ken

She's from Oklahoma.

Half the population of Oklahoma has some Indian ancestry.

Half of the remainder believes that they do as well.

True.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821999 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 12:38 PM
But does she bleach her hair or have toenail fungus?

YAWN.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822016 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 1:03 PM
... or for the guy who paid for law school by posing nude for Playgirl magazine.

I don't know anyone who is running who posed for Playgirl magazine.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822017 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 1:05 PM
I'll bet right now that that "quarter" wasn't voting for her anyway

How about the 10% of Democrats who say it makes them less likely to vote for Warren, along with 30% of independents?

Ask not for whom the drum beats Lizzy, it beats for you!

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822018 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 1:06 PM
But does she bleach her hair or have toenail fungus?

She would if it meant getting a better job apparently.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822019 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 1:16 PM
I'll bet this year most Dems don't care what Dems lied about, or how often.

Suspiciously, they say everything Romney says is a lie, presumably, Brown as well.

If Warren just came out as a Lesbian, she'd have this locked up right now.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822034 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 2:09 PM
Tough decision....

decisions... decision.

Well I guess it's obvious who was disclosing more and being up front.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822041 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 2:51 PM
Tough decision....

decisions... decision.

Must be one of those whack job Christian Conservatives with this dilemma-- though I expect even they with only these two choices would not have a really big problem

Any sane person would see a kid with bad judgement -- who is now an adult many years later versus and adult who as an out and out liar trying to scam the system that she believes in BTW and have a pretty easy choice

Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822078 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 6:49 PM
She's from Oklahoma.

Half the population of Oklahoma has some Indian ancestry.

Half of the remainder believes that they do as well.

Yeah, but half of Oklahoma does not present themselves in official advertisements as a freaking Indian to apparently prove their minority bonafides.

Your humble corespondent is part Cherokee and, according to probably BS family lore - Mingo, as much or more than Ms. Warren, and I would not dream of putting myself down as a Native American and I really wonder who the hell would?

Although, with this case, it does seem to make sense to go to West Virginia where my grandmom's family grew up and see if this can be documented. Don't think I could parley it into an appointment to Harvard at my age, but could probably swing Tufts.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822087 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 7:22 PM
Your humble corespondent is part Cherokee and, according to probably BS family lore - Mingo, as much or more than Ms. Warren, and I would not dream of putting myself down as a Native American and I really wonder who the hell would?

Same here. I'm distantly related to the Cherokee as well and I'm as white as anybody is. But I'd never use that to gain advantage in the job market.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822100 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 8:00 PM
"But I'd never use that to gain advantage in the job market."

And there is no proof that Warren ever did.

Ken

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822105 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 8:10 PM
"And there is no proof that Warren ever did."

And she refuses to release the paperwork from her hiring process so there is no proof that Warren didn't.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822106 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 8:19 PM
What paperwork?

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822107 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 8:24 PM
Recommendations: 9
Hmm. A candidate...refuses to release paperwork.

Under PA lib rules, said candidate s guilty until we see the goods.

Because the same rules have to apply to both sides, right? Wouldn't want to have any hypocrisy 'round here, would we?

I'll save ken some typing "apples an oranges". LOL.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822112 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 8:39 PM
She has been asked to release her personell records from harvard.

Her response: her parents told her a fairy tale once so the subject is closed.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822114 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 8:45 PM
She has been asked to release her personell records from harvard.

Can she do that? Aren't those records the property of Harvard now?

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822115 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 8:54 PM
EMPLOYEE RECORDS
Law
Massachusetts law ensures employees the right of access to their personnel records when requested in writing to the employer. Any employer receiving a request from an employee shall provide the employee with an opportunity to review his or her personnel record.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822116 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 9:00 PM
Ok, so she does have access to them.

I guess she's pulling a Romney, then.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822119 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 9:07 PM
I dont think we need to go back any further than two employers.

Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822121 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/7/2012 9:12 PM
Under PA lib rules, said candidate s guilty until we see the goods.

No, no, no. Under PA lib rules, only the GOP candidate has to release documents on demand. No expectation for the candidate they support to do this. That would be fairness, and it simply is silly to expect that.

Like it or not, this prima facie unfairness is locked in via media bias, everyone knows it, and it gets discounted for the most part.

What it does do is make the management of the GOP candidate much more complex. The media allows mulligans for the Democrats on this kind of stuff. The GOP simply has to manage through this.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822169 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/8/2012 1:57 AM
Recommendations: 2
St Pat says

"And there is no proof that Warren ever did."

And she refuses to release the paperwork from her hiring process so there is no proof that Warren didn't.

And since there's no proof that she didn't, you assume she did. That's your usual method, right?

Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822177 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/8/2012 7:08 AM
Recommendations: 2
And since there's no proof that she didn't, you assume she did. That's your usual method, right?

To be fair (and I know that is the last thing on your mind), there was no proof that Romney had tax problems of any sort. The left assumed that he did. Indeed, Harry Reid assumed that Romney paid zero tax for a decade because someone he still won't identify told him so.

On Warren, there is no real need to take the step that there was an overt quid pro quo. The fact that she presented herself as a member of an Indian tribe to the point where it was in directories and to the point where she is listed as a "minority member" is weird enough.

The larger issue it that this little incident shows just how broken the entire racial/sexual/cultural scene is in academia. Now the liberal media, anyway, has presented a totally relativist stance on the subject, saying basically that a white woman checking the box to get the implicit bennies of Affirmative Action intended for people of color, even in the abstract, is fine with them. In fact, this article in Time takes it even further than that - basically saying that you are whatever you say you are with respect to race.

Check this mind-blowing quote out:

Warren has every right to define herself and to do so in a multifaceted way. Racial identity, for mixed Americans, need not be an either/or situation; it can be a both/and. The only way we could truly gauge Warren’s Indian-ness would be to see how much being an American Indian means to her.

http://ideas.time.com/2012/10/05/elizabeth-warren-and-the-my...

This is pretty amazing stuff and if I am reading this right, it means the total end of AA. This guy is basically saying that if it means a lot to you, you are whatever you call yourself.

Well, who knew? This means I can call myself an American Indian too and check the block and get the goodies as well. I have "family lore" that says I am part Cherokee and part Mingo, in greater proportion than Ms. Warren (as it is supposedly 1/32 or maybe 1/64) and it is meaning more to me every single day. I don't know how long I can hold my inner Indian in!!

The liberals are deeply weird. I mean this is weird . To save Elizabeth Warren from herself, the left and the libs in the media have basically said that race is whatever you feel it is.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822194 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/8/2012 9:02 AM

I have learned from Democrats in this election cycle that candidates are guilty until proven innocent.

Why else would she refuse to release her records from Harvard?

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822196 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/8/2012 9:12 AM
To save Elizabeth Warren from herself, the left and the libs in the media have basically said that race is whatever you feel it is.

Worse than that, race is whatever you SAY you feel it is.

Warren supposedly feels very native american. Yet she never did any research. She says she registered as a native american so she could get in touch with fellow native americans and that she STOPPED registering herself as native americans because no one ever got in touch with her.

What kind of intellectual curiosity is she displaying by not doing more than proclaiming herself a native american and setting herself in a position to reap any rewards that might float her way because she has called herself Native American.

Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822197 of 1951159
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/8/2012 9:20 AM
What kind of intellectual curiosity is she displaying by not doing more than proclaiming herself a native american and setting herself in a position to reap any rewards that might float her way because she has called herself Native American.

I don't know. Look, it is even weirder if she was not looking for the goodies out of this. If she was playing a cynical game to get a leg up in this daft hyper politically correct academic gig that was out there, there is at least a rational reason. It's a dirtbag move, but at least it is rational.

It actually bothers me more that she would do this stunt without expectation of the bennies, because that means that she is mad as a hatter and we really need less of that, not more.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement