UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pudinfool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74759  
Subject: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/14/2000 8:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Which custodian / broker do most of you use to park you IRA?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rjm1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22609 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/14/2000 10:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Fidelity

Author: foolme1111 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22614 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/15/2000 1:08 AM
Recommendations: 1
Janus

Author: rensimer Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22616 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/15/2000 6:55 AM
Vanguard. "Fees matter" is their credo.

Author: OldToad One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22617 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/15/2000 8:48 AM
If I was doing just funds - Vanguard

Since I'm doing stocks too - Fidelity

Author: rensimer Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22618 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/15/2000 8:57 AM
If I was doing just funds - Vanguard

Since I'm doing stocks too - Fidelity

Vanguard has a discount brokerage too ($20 per trade by computer, fine for LTBH)

Author: TMFCookie Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22619 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/15/2000 9:30 AM
I've been using T. Rowe Price for over 20 years.

Author: valuinvst Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22622 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/15/2000 10:10 AM
Suretrade

Author: Ringfinger Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22623 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/15/2000 10:20 AM
I love my Suretrade.

Author: drippinfool Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22627 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/15/2000 12:08 PM
Schwab (they are an option in my 401k also)
P.S. You might want to check out the Discount Broker board
-Chester :)

Author: Crosenfield Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22635 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/15/2000 1:13 PM
Brown for stocks
Fidelity for mutual funds.

Brown won't let you open an account until you have (or say you have) 5 years experience running your own account. If you say you can manage your own account and start asking newbie questions they will be very rude, and you will deserve it. They are great but you need to start somewhere else.
Chris

Author: Ringfinger Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22651 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/16/2000 9:01 AM
Hey, I have Schwab as 401K option too. I like their servise, but I like the $7.95 of Suretrade.

Author: BGPenhollo Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22708 of 74759
Subject: Re: Favored Broker / Custodian? Date: 6/19/2000 8:49 AM
IRA:
Janus
Vanguard
USAA
AAL
Franklin

401K:
Scudder

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement