Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: chopowski1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 606  
Subject: Favourite Plane Date: 2/15/2002 12:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I love planes, always have since I was a kid. Never learnt to fly though (yet!)

What plane would you buy if you had the $$$ to buy anyone you liked?

I would definately have a Piper Malibu Meridian. I found a great article on it. http://www.avweb.com/articles/meridian/

Chops.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Squawk1200 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61 of 606
Subject: Re: Favourite Plane Date: 2/15/2002 10:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!

Well, heck -- if I had all the $$ to own and operate it, I'd buy a 737. Or a CitationJet so I wouldn't need a co-pilot.

But if I had the $$ to buy, but needed to fund operations myself, Ir try a Cirrus SR22.

Author: TwinDeltaTandem Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63 of 606
Subject: Re: Favourite Plane Date: 2/17/2002 9:21 AM
All the money? No limits?

I'd probably have to go with either a Citation X or a G-V. Possibly a BBJ so I could sleep in the back from time to time (I've gotten used to having a bunk onboard).

I saw a pretty neat PBJ for sale in a mag once. Someone had basically turned it into a flying yacht. It had two staterooms and a hot tub. It was a Jimmy Buffet dream plane. That might be pretty cool.

Of course, I'd also be tempted to buy something like a P-51 or an F-5. But in the end, creature comfort would probably win out.

That Citation X is pretty darn awesome.

If you go to

http://www.netjets.com

, just about anything in their inventory would be under consideration.

TDT

Author: VodounGroove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70 of 606
Subject: Re: Favourite Plane Date: 2/19/2002 5:34 PM
Recommendations: 1

P-51 Mustang.

Kaiti

Author: SandyPrice Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71 of 606
Subject: Re: Favourite Plane Date: 2/21/2002 11:12 AM
Recommendations: 1

Depends on how much $$$ we're talking. If I had lots of money and no need to spend time working, I think I'd build a Maverick jet:
http://www.maverickjets.com/

If I had a bit less money, but enough to not work I'd consider
http://www.velocityaircraft.com/
because they're relatively cheap to keep.

Author: P2pilot One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72 of 606
Subject: Re: Favourite Plane Date: 2/26/2002 1:49 PM
A Beaver on Floats of Course.

Next to Aerial Firefighting, backcounty flying is where its at.

Author: CkNEPPER Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 73 of 606
Subject: Re: Favourite Plane Date: 3/1/2002 11:50 AM
RE: Favorite Aircraft

If I were in the market for a new bird I think I would opt for a Cessna retractable Cutlass. Has nice performance, low upkeep costs, low personal propeerty tax impact, and sports a reasonable front endprice tag (IFR equipped) that fits nicely into the "Living under your means" concept.

TMF SporeMighty

Author: lkjetjoc Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 81 of 606
Subject: Re: Favourite Plane Date: 3/31/2002 5:34 PM
I'd buy anything large enough to make into a profitable restaurant. I'm a pro pilot (28 yrs)and am anxious to retire. My favorite plane to fly so far is the old HS-125. Only 405 kts but a real pleasure to operate. That was back in 1978 and 79. Now flying C560 and NA265. Nice but not Hawkers.

Author: MechanicalMethod Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82 of 606
Subject: Re: Favourite Plane Date: 4/2/2002 5:02 AM
Interesting novelty idea for a restaurant and since you've a sincere interest in flying I bet you can add just the charm it needs in the right places to make it pay off. Good Luck and best regards, MM

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement