Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Maura102 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121181  
Subject: FBAR Date: 3/15/2011 6:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I am writing on behalf of my sister who lives in Germany. She only recently learned of the FBAR form from her new accountant based in Germany. All of her past tax returns are complete and all taxable income has been reported. She just completed the 2010 FBAR but is getting conflicting advice on what past years have to be filed.
Her accountant says she has to go back five years, and today she called the IRS hotline in Frankfurt,Germany and was told to complete the FBAR for years 2008 and 2009, and if more years are needed she would be contacted.
Can anyone confirm that this is the correct answer, and if not, shed some light on what past years should be filed?
Thanking you in advance.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JAFO31 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 112747 of 121181
Subject: Re: FBAR Date: 3/15/2011 6:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Maura102 - "Subject: FBAR"

I do not know the answer to your question, and please excuse me, but I read the header as a variation of FUBAR. Sorry. It has been a long day and past couple of weeks.

Regards, JAFO

Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 112748 of 121181
Subject: Re: FBAR Date: 3/15/2011 7:02 PM
Recommendations: 0
FBAR- Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=210244,00....

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement