UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59653  
Subject: Federal rules widen hunting potential Date: 9/24/2012 9:15 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Not all federal laws become more restrictive. And some states have their own laws that have nothing to do with federal laws, but it doesn't stop the Washington bashing.

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2012-09-24/federal-rules-...
Federal rules widen hunting potential
<snip>
Much of the interest is expected in the refuge's white-tailed deer, which biologists determined are "approaching nutritional carrying capacity," Tuttle said a University of Georgia report shows. In short, there are enough deer that food is getting scarce.
Johnson said much of the deer's problem are the feral pigs in the refuge. Considered an invasive species, the pigs are destroying much of the plant life that animals survive on.
Tuttle said because pigs are an invasive species, hunters have been allowed to kill pigs incidental to their deer hunting. That would continue with other kinds of hunting, such as the small-game hunting. Johnson said he's had good success elsewhere killing hogs with single shots from small-game rounds such as the .17HMR.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45585 of 59653
Subject: Re: Federal rules widen hunting potential Date: 9/24/2012 4:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"Johnson said he's had good success elsewhere killing hogs with single shots from small-game rounds such as the .17HMR." - From a lindytoes post

One day I'm going to buy me a 17 HMR rifle with a good scope on it. There is a youtube video of a guy making a double hog kill with a 17 HMR. The 17 HMR is a super high velocity load (2500 feet per second) and they don't drop like heavier loads do.

Art

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement