UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BlueTabby Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35340  
Subject: fees for cashing series EE bond? Date: 11/16/2000 8:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I called my bank today and asked about fees
they charge for cashing EE bond, it was
$25 fee per issue.

Is this a reasonable fee? I was under the
impression that it would be almost free for
cashing treasury bonds at most places. Is
there something that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Crosenfield Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1190 of 35340
Subject: Re: fees for cashing series EE bond? Date: 11/16/2000 9:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I haven't cashed in any EE bonds recently but when I did, it was free!
Try a different bank?
Good luck, Chris

Author: rotithor Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1191 of 35340
Subject: Re: fees for cashing series EE bond? Date: 11/17/2000 6:47 PM
You could open an account at treasurydirect send them your bonds and they should be able to cash it free of charge for you. You can access it from:
http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/sec/sectrdir.htm
and find all forms required to open an account online.

Author: rubindj One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1206 of 35340
Subject: Re: fees for cashing series EE bond? Date: 12/3/2000 6:27 PM
I just cashed in a bunch of EE/E bonds at my local bank, and there was no charge. To boot, they aren't a neighborhood bank, but rather a large bank and I don't keep significant balances there. They may have been under the impression you weren't a customer at all, or I'd go to another bank.

rubindj

Author: Mark0Young Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1210 of 35340
Subject: Re: fees for cashing series EE bond? Date: 12/13/2000 8:01 PM
This thread raised questions in my mind so I checked with my credit union--no fees for redeeming I-Bonds. (I don't have any EE-Series so I didn't ask about them.)

Author: trailtrader Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1211 of 35340
Subject: Re: fees for cashing series EE bond? Date: 12/18/2000 6:05 PM
Uh, it seems like part of a banks federal charter that Series EE bonds are supposed to be cashed for free. I'd say that what they're doing is either illegal or someone at the bank got confused and was thinking "T Bills" but I'd call another bank. Keep on Foolin

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement