UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: rael4mozo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1040  
Subject: Feldco is a No-No Date: 10/23/2007 10:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I called Feldco for a window estimate last week. Wife and I are in need of a new front picture window and on the phone I asked if someone could come out Monday (yesterday) to look at the job and give me an estimate.

Now, my wife and I have been wanting to replace this window for about a year now, and pretty much knew we wanted new double hung, low-e windows. However, on the phone, the rep asked me FOUR times whether I could reschedule a time so that my wife and I would both be home. I kindly had to explain to him that she leaves our home at 6am and returns at 6:30pm, and was that it was not necessary for her to be with me when I got an estimate. After the fourth time I refused, he told me to wait on the phone so he could "confirm" the time. Another rep then came on and tried to pressure me into changing my time where my wife would be home. I nearly hung up, but told him that if he asked about my wife again I would file a harassment suit against him for wanting to see my wife so much. He said he got the point and we set it up for 12:30pm Monday.

Monday came, and I left work early to meet them. NO SHOW. NO CALL.

I called an hour after they were supposed to be there and was told they had no record of me making an appointment. Needless to say I had a few choice words for them and told them to stuff it and I wanted to be removed from their prospect list.

About fifteen minutes later a "manager" called me to profusely apologize for the missed appointment, admitted it was their fault, and kindly asked me if I would want to reschedule, "For Tuesday or Wednesday evening, when you and your wife could both be home to meet". I told him, again, to leave my wife out of this, and that I would give him one more chance--3:30 Tuesday-take it or leave it and I was not buying into the "wife" thing anymore. He took it, and told me that it was not their practice to demand both parties be present and that I would get my estimate tomorrow.

3:30 came today, and twenty minutes later up comes the Feldco van with two guys. I met them outside, and rep says, "I understand your wife and you want to get new windows on the house". "No", I said, "I want to get an estimate for a new front picture window. My wife is at work, and I'm taking a second afternoon off to meet with you."

He proceeded to wheel in a suitcase full of whatever, and his young protoge' followed behind him in with a briefcase. I showed him the window, and slowly explained to him what I wanted. Keep in mind, I had already had another contractor, a referral, come over earlier today and we worked out an estimate for the project, so I really was in tune with what needed to be done.

I told Feldco rep what I was looking for, but he proceeded to ignore me and asked, "Now, is Mrs. R4M coming home soon?" Now I was one straw away from losing it. I told him to knock it off, and we went outside, where he proceeded to tell me about how he wanted to replace the other windows as well on my house, not just the front one. Then, he did it.

He asked, "How about we set a time for me to get you and your wife together and talk about doing the whole house?"

I excused myself, went inside, and grabbed his stuff. I dropped it on the sidewalk and told him that if he wasn;t off my property in 60 seconds I was going to call the police. He swore something at me and waddled back to his vehicle and left.

Pass this along as needed--it is true, and unfortunate. CHAUVANISTIC SCAM ARTISTS ALL THE WAY.

R4M
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement