UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: gdhorowitz One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75532  
Subject: FF or QQQ? Roth IRA or not? Date: 1/10/2000 11:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
OK, I know this is one of those questions that I ultimately have to answer for myself, but I'd appreciate if anyone can suggest arguments for or against this strategy, and help me make my decision.

I'm 26 and have been contributing to my Roth IRA for the last two years. I've finally Fool-ified my portfolio, and have that $4K in E-Trade, where I'm all set to invest in the Foolish Four.

The thing is, now that it's already 2000, I can contribute another $2K (and I have it available).I'm reasonably certain that I should in fact put the money into the Roth (I have an additional $5K in an S&P index fund and around $10K in other assorted stocks).

My question is, if I do that, should I put all $6K into the Foolish Four? If I'm going to do that, I obviously should wait until the new contribution clears, so I can reduce my commission as a percentage of the total.

But while I know that while a Roth is the perfect vehicle for FF, I'm also wondering if I should "diversify" within the Roth, and perhaps put the last $2K into, say, a NASDAQ index fund.

Comments? Like I said, I'm just looking for advice on what factors I should consider.

Thanks in advance
gdh
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rjm1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17628 of 75532
Subject: Re: FF or QQQ? Roth IRA or not? Date: 1/11/2000 12:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
But while I know that while a Roth is the perfect vehicle for FF, I'm also wondering if I should "diversify" within the
Roth, and perhaps put the last $2K into, say, a NASDAQ index fund.

Your are young.
Your investment is long, long, term.
Therefore, I would not worry about balancing your portfolio now. As it grow, then start to balance it.

Author: AliFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17629 of 75532
Subject: Re: FF or QQQ? Roth IRA or not? Date: 1/11/2000 1:10 AM
I am about your age and have some QQQ in my Roth IRA, as well as some individual stocks. Good luck!

--AF

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement