Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Every six months or so I look at my stocks and try a quick explanation of the company and my position. It helps me remember why I hold the stock, reminds me what I want to do with it, and lets me check back for changes. I encourage folks to comment and show me other points of view.

f5 is an aggressive technology company smartly providing solutions for information traffic management and security. They are stable enough for me to consider to be an investment, not a speculation. The company is doing well, with management emphasizing a cohesive set of products and services that complement each other. The stock has always been volatile and currently has a high enough P/B and P/S that I don't consider it cheap. Their growth has been impressive though so I won't be selling here either. I'll hold them, expect a few bumps in the road, and hope they don't get bought out. (market cap 2.25E+09)

DISCLAIMER LTBH since 2000 but I sold some, partly because I misunderstood a bit of news. Oh well, it's proof that I'm human.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement