UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76384  
Subject: Fidelity ? Date: 1/2/2005 2:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The '04 performance figures are in for stocks and mutual funds. My newspaper carries an AP summary today of mutual funds. They list the precentage increase for the year (including distributions) and the ranking vs peers (1 to 5).

I am amazed at the number of Fidelity funds rated 4 or 5.

In the days of Peter Lynch, Fidelity was as outstanding achiever. Now performance seems medicore.

Especially disappointing is the performance of the sector funds, especially FSPTX, which turned in a 4% return for the year (ranks 4th group). Technology performance was spotty last year, but I can easily name quite a few technology stocks that were up 100% or more. Apple, Research in Motion, PalmOne, eBay, Yahoo. You would think a professionally managed fund should be able to manage 20% return or better in that environment.

Fidelity dropped most of their loads in the last year. What happened? Did they lose key managers? Were they tramatized by the scandals?

Are the Fidelity funds managed to match the indexes? Or are they managed for best return for their share holders?

Shouldn't there be key words in the prospectus to tell us which kind of fund they are offering?

Check out the performance of your funds!! Caveat emptor!!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Russia Collapsing Again?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement