UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75381  
Subject: Fidelity predicting lower health care costs Date: 5/26/2013 2:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
GENERIC DRUGS AND OBAMACARE CREDITED WITH THE DECLINE

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/15/us-retirement-heal...

A 65-year-old couple retiring this year will need $220,000 to pay for healthcare for the rest of their lives, an amount that is eight percent less than a year ago, according to a Fidelity Investments report issued Wednesday. Fidelity has been forecasting the cost of healthcare in retirement since 2002, and has forecast lower lifetime costs only once before - an eight percent drop in 2011.

Experts are hesitant to call a long-term downward trend, but lower healthcare inflation is a boon to retirees, since healthcare costs are one of the largest single expenses they face in retirement.

</snip>

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: billjam Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72284 of 75381
Subject: Re: Fidelity predicting lower health care costs Date: 5/26/2013 6:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Whatever the cause, a drop in healthcare costs, or at least slower increases, would be good for everyone.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72303 of 75381
Subject: Re: Fidelity predicting lower health care costs Date: 5/28/2013 3:16 PM
Recommendations: 2
A 65-year-old couple retiring this year will need $220,000 to pay for healthcare for the rest of their lives, an amount that is eight percent less than a year ago, according to a Fidelity Investments report issued Wednesday.

But what they are not telling you is that you will also get less healthcare. Locally there are quit a few physicians opting out of M/M and I don't see that trend slowing down.

Obamacare has reduced the rate of payment increases to hospitals, physicians and health plans.

Its like the cost of a large bag of dog food for my shepherd. A few years ago it was $42 but now is $39. It is also about 7 pounds lighter.

JLC

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement