UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Alibalibee Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 20586  
Subject: Fife B&Bs Date: 7/21/1999 5:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
(Hope it's OK to repeat posting in LOOTP)B&Bs
I hope this isn't too late to be useless. Fife Tourist Board are awfully nice on the phone but seem pathologically reticent by mail. All I could get was a tourist board brochure from my local branch. Tourist board stars are from * ("fair and acceptable" to***** "World class" (didn't know we had any.) phone/fax : I think you'd leave the 0 or possibly the 01 out of the local code when you dial. Post codes (the KY1 2AB bit) generally, the lower number after the town initials, the more central it is. (EH3 is more central than EH33). Also, I'd recommend the Lonely Planet British Phrasebook, which, despite a few bloopers (every Scottish adjective seems to mean "disgusting/unpleasant/ugly") is packed with information that your granny AND your kids would want to know.

Kircaldy
Dunnikier House Hotel ***
Dunnikier Park, Dunnikier Way, Kirkcaldy KY1 3LP tel: 01592 268393. Has 1 family room + doubles, en suite etc. Double B&B from £47.40

Parkway Hotel (award pending, looks OK, newly refurbished) 110 yards from Kcdy railway station
6 Abbotshall Rd Kirkcaldy KY2 5PQ tel: 01592 262143 fax: 01592 200433
B&B from £25 single to £57.50. has en suite, has 3 family rooms, restaurant & bistro and a "colourful setting" in a residential area (whatever that means).
Royal Hotel, Townhead, Dysart, Kirkcaldy KY1 2XQ
email royalhotel@aol.com tel:01592 654112/652109
doubles & 1 family room, some en-suite. £17 - £31 single or £27 - £41 double

Bennochy Bank Guest House ***, 26 Carlyle Road, Kircaldy, KY1 1DB tel: 01592 200733
has one bathroom en-suite, 1 shared. 2 family rooms B&B £15 - 20

Castleview, * 17 Dysart Rd Kirkcaldy KY1 2AY 01592 269275 proprietor (proprietress) Nan Dick. 1 family room. Only single B&B price quoted, £16.

Dunedin House *** Yvonne & Les Duffy, Dunedin House 25 Townsend place KY1 1HB email dunhouse@globalnet.co.uk voice/fax 01592 265274 tel: 01592 203874
1 double, 1 family room "a family home" "Panoramic views of the Forth" (does look quite nice house) B&B 18 - 26

Burntisland
Inchcape Guest House (award pending) 1 South View Burntisland KY3 9BS tel:01592873270
1 family, 1 single, 1 double, bath/shower - 1 shared B&B 17.

Kingswood Hotel *** Kinghorn Rd, Burntisland KY3 9LL DB&B £52 - £67 "set in 2 acres of woodland, outstanding views" (building looks pleasant) "Award-winning restaurant, less formal bar lounge menu" "Attractive midweek breaks for guests quoting ref: FTB99" . (ie. Fife Tourist Board 1999, I suppose).

"5 Craigkennochie Terrace" *** (Mr & Mrs Petrie) KY3 9EN tel: 01592 872091 1 family room 1 shared bath/shower B&B £16 - £20

Sorry - couldn't find anything in Auchtertool. Regards, Alibalibee.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement