Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I hunted for answers before posting and couldn't find anything satisfactory, so...

My sweetie and I are planning on moving in together. Eventually, we'll get married. He has two small children from a previous marriage. He has joint custody of the kids (would rather have sole, but that's another story). The question: when we get married, can his ex attempt to factor my income into figures for child support? He provides handsomely for the kids already. If she can, by what means can I protect my income? I'm not opposed to caring for the kids in our household, but I'll be dipped if I'm gonna support her habits.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.