Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Part way through 2007 I formed an S-Corp, but I continued doing all of my business through my existing sole-prop (not enough time to make the switch).

I checked the IRS website and found this:
"A corporation or other entity must file Form 1120S if (a) it elected to be an S corporation by filing Form 2553, (b) the IRS accepted the election, and (c) the election remains in effect. "

Should I file the 1120S with all zero's? Or just start filing for tax year 2008 the first year that I'll have income or expenses for that entity?

If I file with all zero's should I also attach a letter explaining what's happening?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.