Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am getting ready to hand over the trust to a trustee at the bank and the only tax return that will not stand up to an audit is the 2008 tax return where the health care worker was working as an independent contractor.

both health care worker and step mom would not let me file and pay SS, FICA and unemployment. I found out there was no 1099 either. so to protect the trust would the best thing be to file the 1099 for the health care worker now in 2010 even if it was done in 1099?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.