Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DBAVelvet74 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 78  
Subject: finale Date: 8/22/2005 3:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
OK, so did no one watch it?

We've been talking about it here at work. I really liked the ending. I felt a little choked up, but never really cried. One of my co-workers eyes are still puffy from crying last night.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: justkaron One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 68 of 78
Subject: Re: finale Date: 8/23/2005 10:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I've watched the entire show twice, watched the final 8 minutes a third time. Thought it was a very powerful and moving sequence - brings tears to my eyes every time. The aging makeup on some of the characters I thought was very good (David especially), but on some of the others not so great (Brenda & Billy). The final shot of Claire's eyes with the cataracts was really powerful to me, when you consider how important her vision was to her. But boy, she made it a long time!

If you haven't seen it yet, the obituaries here fill in some of the blanks: http://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder/obituary/episode63.shtml

Karon

Author: swimdad Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69 of 78
Subject: Re: finale Date: 8/25/2005 8:49 AM
Recommendations: 1
I liked it, but i thought Keith as a 60-year old armored car guard was a little hard to buy.

swimdad

Author: justkaron One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70 of 78
Subject: Re: finale Date: 8/25/2005 2:18 PM
I've seen discussions of that on other boards; if you noticed, the name of the company was Charles Security - he was the owner. Best theory is that since Keith always was one to jump in and do rather than manage, that likely that was a day when he was helping out due to someone's being off sick, or something like that. Keith would have done it himself.

Author: swimdad Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71 of 78
Subject: Re: finale Date: 8/25/2005 2:26 PM
Well, that's very different then, isn't it?
Nevermind.

Emily

Author: gettingoutofdebt Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72 of 78
Subject: Re: finale Date: 8/25/2005 5:36 PM
I wish I knew there was a 6FU board....

I will admit that I cried.

Did anyone notice Derrel holding hands with another man when they showed Claire & Ted's wedding?

I thought that was interesting.

I also found it interesting Claire lived so long. 102!? And she smoked all that pot and did all those drugs. I was simply amazed she lived that long.

Author: dtschet Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 73 of 78
Subject: Re: finale Date: 8/25/2005 9:35 PM
Derrel? No I did not notice. I will have to watch a third time!

: )

donna

Author: gentility Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 74 of 78
Subject: Re: finale Date: 8/26/2005 4:40 PM
What about Maggie? Who else thought she looked pregnant? I watched it twice.

I always felt like the show centered around Nate, but the last episode seemed to be from Claire's perspective. I guess they jumped back and forth between the characters each season, odd though.

Author: dtschet Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 75 of 78
Subject: Re: finale Date: 8/28/2005 11:01 AM
She was at the doctor's office when she got Ruth's call.

The writers expected us to draw our own conclusions.

donna

Author: justkaron One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 76 of 78
Subject: Re: finale Date: 8/28/2005 11:18 AM
Yes, but remember, she was a rep for a drug company - being at a doctor's office would be part of her job.

Author: dtschet Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77 of 78
Subject: Re: finale Date: 8/28/2005 2:14 PM
But we never found out if she actually got a job in her new location. "Wherever I land".

or did we?

donna

Author: justkaron One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 78 of 78
Subject: Re: finale Date: 8/28/2005 6:31 PM
Not that I recall. But someone who could hold that kind of job in the first place would not likely have any trouble getting another one.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement