UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DaveandBeckyz51 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 704  
Subject: Re: Abortion, Right or Wrong? Date: 11/9/2005 9:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
***Finally health insurers are covering birth control/perhaps abortion will continue to decrease..I would like to see Uncle Sam make birth control free, and easily available to all potential mothers..that would as well...and more men could undergo the little snip snip snip...what is it with rampant breeders, anyway? And yes, I speak very much to the ones who don't give a d- - - about the life they've brought into this world. Uncle Sam subsidizes roads, he subsidizes gasoline, he subsidizes automobiles...he subsidizes corporations...Why not birth control?!! LOL
--------------------------------
Hey wb!

If you check the date of your post--the one I'm responding to--you will notice I've been gone a while. Got to start some where. LOL!
I went here first because of something said on "CSI" last week by Grissom. He said, and I KNOW it's TV, that the 'fetus' does not engorge with blood until the 10th (11th) day. Put that with the scripture "The life is in the blood" and you have a true time of life. AND a week or two to abort without "murder".

I will have to call my brilliant daughter, a Master's Pathologist, and have her check for me. Maybe you knew this--but I sure didn't. No blood. Then, 'engorged' with blood. A definate point in time.

Anyway, I also wondered what State you are in. Not Michigan. We have had free birth control for ages. After my third child was born, I was real worried about getting pregnant again since, in 1975 the Birth Control Pills were not something I could take. (I was crawling the walls and had not ONE civil word to say to anyone---not myself.) I had used the Delcon Shield for 5 years and I LOVED it! But, it was taken off the market. I didn't know those were 'abortive' until much later. So, the Doc sent me to the Health Department and they sent me home with a GROCERY SACK full of stuff! Free.

19 years later---I found out my daughter(a 'virgin' birth, using all the stuff from the 'grocery sack') had gotten birth control pills a week after her Sex Ed. class told her about the Health Department. Sigh. She couldn't keep a secret from me if her life depended on it! LOL! But, again, they were free. Planned Parenthood also used to do free Paps, etc. I think they still do but have separated it from the abortion so more women would go there. So. In Michigan, women really have no excuse--unless they don't know. And no one is advertising. Too bad.

Also, a blessing beyond belief for me, when my best friend in the entire universe, dashed into my house and said she had a lump on her breast that hadn't been there a week ago---I had her call Planned Parenthood who gave her a number for a Women's Clinic who got her in in 2 days and got her on Medicaid (for the Cancer ONLY) and she had the worst there is. The Doc could only tell her of ONE woman who had survived. But, Julie has been through Chemo, surgery, and Radiation so far and has another round of Chemo coming up. It is GONE!! And "Thank You JESUS!" Is all we can say! For the money and the cure. Guess Michigan has it's heart in the right place.

Nice talking to you--if you are still here!
Beckyz
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement