Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Last October I received a finders fee from my headhunter for connecting him with a former staff member of mine who was looking for work. Now it's time to report the income, but my software (MacInTax) only seems to provide one route for doing this -- as income from a business (as if I was a consultant, for instance). But the income certainly doesn't feel like that kind of thing 'philosophically.'

I've been over to and some of its links, and it wasn't clear to me just what should be done. The software itself asked questions that would suggest it matters how my headhunter reported the income to me.

I don't know if it will make a hill of beans difference in the final results, but I'd like to find out how to report it properly, then I can figure out how to do it in MacInTax. Thanks.

==> david
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.