Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Volucris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5069  
Subject: FI/RE Update Date: 1/1/2005 4:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
2004 was a good year.

My total retirement accounts increased by 22.5% including dep[osits and returns.

FI is ~ 3 years away

RE is ~
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Volucris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2983 of 5069
Subject: Re: FI/RE Update Date: 1/1/2005 4:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I was gonna say RE is ~ 7 years away, but hit the wrong button.

All in all, a very good year. We also added a bouncing baby boy to the mix to delay things a bit. But it's worth it.

Volucris

Author: whyohwhyoh Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2985 of 5069
Subject: Re: FI/RE Update Date: 1/1/2005 8:09 PM
I had a pretty good 2004 as well for an average market year of ~10% gain.

1. Increased net worth by 44%. Goal was 29%.
2. Not counting deposits I had a 14% gain in 401K, 11% in Roths, 10.5% in rollover IRA. Not bad for a 10.5% market this year.
3. My biggest winners were OSTK, CSTR, & SBUX, biggest loser was TALK.
4. Got a 7+% raise last month.

I will be adding a baby to the mix this year, yet my 2005 goal is to meet my previously planned target of 26% net worth gain, based on an 11% market gain. This will most likely be a good challenge.

Looking forward 2006 will be an interesting year as my 3.375% ARM will expire.

Good luck to all... 14 more years to $2E6.

--
whyohwhyoh

Author: tmeri Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2987 of 5069
Subject: Re: FI/RE Update Date: 1/1/2005 11:06 PM
We also added a bouncing baby boy to the mix to delay things a bit. But it's worth it.

Volucris

Congratulations!

Author: preben Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2991 of 5069
Subject: Re: FI/RE Update Date: 1/2/2005 2:59 PM
Congrats to all! I did 17% in investment return and managed so save quite some money too. A good year indeed! (despite no babies for me ; )
Cheers, Ben

Author: sunrayman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2992 of 5069
Subject: Re: FI/RE Update Date: 1/2/2005 6:28 PM
Recommendations: 1
My investments did fine in 2004.

My DD did better; she gave me the once-an-a-lifetiem opportunity to be FoB in November. [FoB = Father of the Bride]

Yes, I survived that opportunity and I have the pix to prove it!

sunray
happy daddy

Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2993 of 5069
Subject: Re: FI/RE Update Date: 1/2/2005 8:46 PM
>> My DD did better; she gave me the once-an-a-lifetiem opportunity to be FoB in November. [FoB = Father of the Bride] <<

I take it, then, that you approve of the groom. :-)

#29 (father-in-law approved)

Author: 0gre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2996 of 5069
Subject: Re: FI/RE Update Date: 1/3/2005 11:17 AM
My DD did better; she gave me the once-an-a-lifetiem opportunity to be FoB in November. [FoB = Father of the Bride]

Yes, I survived that opportunity and I have the pix to prove it!

Well you hope it's a once in a lifetime opportunity ;)

For me I have three chances (and here's hoping it's exactally three) but since my oldest is 16 I'm hoping the first opportunity doesn't come for at least 5 years yet.

-- Dennis

Author: sunrayman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2998 of 5069
Subject: Re: FI/RE Update Date: 1/4/2005 12:11 AM
I take it, then, that you approve of the groom. :-)

+++
+++

Yup, he went the old-fashioned route and asked me (and her mother/my wife) for permission to marry our daughter. Needless to say, we said YES.

sunray
{approval authority}

Author: foolkath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2999 of 5069
Subject: Re: FI/RE Update Date: 1/4/2005 9:35 AM
My return was 8 percent. I am consevatively invested because I am already FIRE.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement