Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 445561  
Subject: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/4/2012 12:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
I loved the zingers. This is a great one...has much potential utility on some boards around TMF.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/486266_3919342708...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414216 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/4/2012 12:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
my favorite ... All Time

bb
Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can... How do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?

Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.

Simon: Are you always this sentimental?

Mal: I had a good day.

Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals and savages... Half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded including yourself, and you're harboring known fugitives.

Mal: Well, we're still flying.

Simon: That's not much.

Mal: It's enough.

( had a Dr appt today & at the end he said, "good to see you again"
cheered me seriously Up
I said, "AND walking!!!?"

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414218 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/4/2012 4:19 AM
Recommendations: 0
One of my favorites:

Simon about Jayne: What do you pay him for?
Mal: What?
Simon: I was just wondering what his job is. On the ship.
Mal: Public relations.

http://www.planetclaire.org/quotes/firefly/malcolm-reynolds/...

Peter

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414222 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/4/2012 9:49 AM
Yeah, that was a great exchange. There were so many for such a short-lived series, but this one was really good.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414223 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/4/2012 10:06 AM
Recommendations: 6
This was a good one too:

Mal: I'm gettin' a little weary of this attitude, Wash.
Wash: [chuckling] Are you? Well, I'm so very sorry, sir. I guess the news that we're all gonna be purple and bloated and fetal in a few hours has made me a little snippy.
. . .
[The conversation escalates to a shouting match.]
Wash: What do you expect me to do, Mal?
Mal: Whatever you have to! And if you can't do it from here, then get a suit on and go outside on the side of the boat—
Wash: And what?! Wave my arms around?
Mal: Wave your arms around, jump up and down, divert the navsats to the transmitter - whatever.
Wash: Divert the— Right! Because teenage pranks are fun when you're about to die!
Mal: Give the beacon a boost, wouldn't it?
Wash: Yes, Mal! It would boost the signal. But even if some passerby did happen to receive, all it would do is muck up their navigation!
Mal: Could be that's true.
Wash: Damn right, it's true! They'd be forced to stop and dig out our signal before they could even go anyplace.
[Mal stares at Wash. Wash stares back, realization dawning.]
Wash: Well, maybe I should do that then!
Mal: Maybe you should!
Wash: Ok!
Mal: Good!
Wash: Fine!

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414226 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/4/2012 10:14 AM
Recommendations: 3
I'll be in my bunk.

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414227 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/4/2012 10:16 AM
Ah, yes. I remember that exchange now.

I really wanted there to be a second Serenity movie. I guess the crew is scattered all over the 'verse by now. :-(

Peter

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414228 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/4/2012 10:23 AM
I'm trying to pick up some of the Chinese from the show. There's a young Chinese fan of the show at my office, and he helps me with the pronunciation.

http://www.browncoats.com/index.php?ContentID=42e83b412a309

I'm just waiting for my chance to use "panda piss". :-)

And I already use "ta ma de" on occasion (not often...yet...).

Haven't had a good chance to use "mei mei" yet.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414238 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/4/2012 12:15 PM
I'll be in my bunk.

lol ... absolutely
but you had to be there?

Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414242 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/4/2012 2:07 PM
It's on Netflix.

After Breaking Bad Season 4 I'll do Firefly. Then I might have a clue as to what you guys are on about.

(I did see one episode on TV a while ago.)

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414247 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/4/2012 4:12 PM
I have the DVDs. Wondering if I should upgrade...

http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/dp...

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414316 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/5/2012 11:33 AM
I really wanted there to be a second Serenity movie. I guess the crew is scattered all over the 'verse by now. :-(

They are. And they're also several years older now (which might require a gap in time in the storyline...we sci-fi fans notice stuff like that).

But I think they could do it. All the people involved knew they had something special, and they seem to appreciate their fan-base. I wouldn't want them to do it just to do it, but if they have a good story I would line up to see it. And I'm sure Joss wouldn't do it if he didn't have a great story.

Please, Joss...take me out to the black...

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414324 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/5/2012 2:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
1pg I would line up to see it.

I would quickly hand over a hundred bucks for two tickets to Serenity II.

Peter

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414328 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/5/2012 4:20 PM
1pg I would line up to see it.

I would quickly hand over a hundred bucks for two tickets to Serenity II.

Peter

Here's a video of Nathan Fillion signing the contract to make Serenity II.

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2010/08/05/nathan-fillion-signs-...

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414329 of 445561
Subject: Re: Firefly was so wonderful... Date: 12/5/2012 4:35 PM
Recommendations: 1
From your link, some Star Trek trivia. I knew most of it already. "Number 1" from the original pilot was Majel Barrett, later demoted to "Nurse Chapel" by the sexist network. She changed hair and uniform colors in the process (and developed a thing for Spock). :-)

Interesting that thousands of census forms received by the Census Bureau list a Star Trek race.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2010/05/09/15-things-you-probabl...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement