Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
First American: A Stock I'd Love to Own
The key to successful value investing is to identify great companies and wait for the market to put them on sale.

http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2005/commentary05080105.htm?ref=btp

By Philip Durell (TMFAdmiral)
August 1, 2005

A superior financial firm
First American (NYSE: FAF) is usually characterized as a title insurance company, but it is so much more than that. Sure, title insurance is a major part of the business, but the key to First American's success is its focus on creating, expanding, and improving its consumer and business databases. I also happen to like First American because its share price has risen by 50% since I first recommended the company to Inside Value members last September. Despite the rise, I still believe the company to be significantly undervalued -- just not quite at the margin of safety that I would require before purchasing shares...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement