UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49426  
Subject: Re: Questions for the headhunter Date: 5/27/2013 11:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
First, be aware that Headhunter no longer posts here. You will find him on the sidebar at the right. Here you get answers from experienced volunteers, but not from the pros.

I been very late to work constant for months Be aware of the problem this causes for your supervisor. Others can be complaining that you are getting special treatment. So supervisor needs to assert her self to avoid chaos (as when others too start coming in late and demand equal treatment).

During our last meeting she brings up that she says I stink. If you bathe every day, use deodorant and wear clean clothes every day, that should take care of it. But there are some skin infections that can cause this problem. A visit to a dermatologist might help. Often this can be treated with antibiotics.

I see a pysch. doctor every 3 months for my bipolar disorder. You could be covered by the American Disabilities Act. Does your supervisor know of your medical condition? Do you have a good reason for being late to work?

Realize that your supervisor could be moving toward firing you for tardiness. You are being counciled. Often a warning letter follows. Try to use the time you have at this employer to get whatever problems you have taken care of so you can get off to a good start with the next one. Start working on your resume. Where will you work next?

she wanted me to goto the counselor on site. I stated I refuse to go as it is a waste of my time. It's probably worth your while to do this anyway. It shows respect for your supervisor. Supervisor could think you have an attitude problem. That can be considered insubordination. If you have good reasons for your problems, let that councilor know. They can help you.

What do I do if I feel the sup is harrassing me. If you have a record of being late for work, I don't think you can win this argument. Your best approach is fix the problem or move on.

I want to get some dental work done and need to take out a loan I would wait on this unless its an emergency. When is your next performance evaluation? If your supervisor is satisfied you have corrected the problem, they will tell you then. Otherwise, dental may have to wait for your next job.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement