UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (39) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LordFoolman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 726236  
Subject: Re: MichaelRead Date: 1/30/2013 10:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 34
First GringoFool and now Michael Read.

Oh my God. These were two of the people I really wanted to meet in real life after talking to them online on the Fool for years and years. I almost made that trip to Vancouver in British Columbia a few months ago, but didn't since I was unemployed. I would have visited Michael and Riprock.

I am really sick about this.

Michael was always the one that reached out to you in bad times. He was the grandfatherly, caring type. He had probably no enemies....period. He always had just the right word to console you....really. He really had a way with words.

Remember, when I first told the board I was unemployed?? He emailed me and gave me his phone number to call him. And guess what?? I didn't do it. I am really regretting that now.

He was a man of great accomplishment as well. He had many occupations and endeavors in life. Some really stunning stuff he did.

Michael was well-known on the board for his boat stories. He loved the water. He owned a boat shop in the area......and sadly had to close the place down recently. He has written recently about it. He was well loved on the Fool for many, many years. I loved him as a grandfather I never had.

RIP...Michael Read. If Art is right, I will meet you some day. I will give you a great big hug.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (39) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement