UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ElricSeven Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1856  
Subject: Re: Here a post, there a post, everywhere a post Date: 2/20/2000 3:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
First, how come INCY and PEB didn't appear on your CI list (56--2/13)--PEB may be different type company I understand. Or just go with the real value of DNA?

Neither of those companies has drugs in clinical trials at the FDA. PEB sells hardware and other equipment that is used in the drug discovery process. Incyte has nothing in clinical trials either - they supply and license information for drug development. Therefore a comparison with Amgen, Biogen, and other drug development companies would be an "apples to oranges comparison."

Second, as I was in on CRA at 79 and then stopped out (against my hopes but in accordance with some family prudence at 249--and wanting to get back in at some point)I am concerned about the old problem--with such a big run-up etc. No one can tell short term market, but would you jump in to any of these which have run up 4x in 2 months?

That, my friend, is a difficult question. If you are looking to hold for more than five years and have a lot of confidence in the company, then buy in. My favorite technique would be to split your buy - 1/2 now and then the other 1/2 in a few months or weeks. That way you don't get scorched by a huge short term loss, but you don't miss a big runup.

Remember, though, that CRA is in its infancy and is VERY risky. You must be prepared for that stock to tank at any time. It has nothing but the greatness of leadership and a damn good idea to support its current levels. I would pay more attention the next couple of months to the number of subscribers that sign on for the fruit fly database.

Overall, I think you know what the plusses and minusses are on each company. Its up to you to decide what your tolerance for risk is and buy accordingly.

By the way, I have subscribed yesterday to your report--then as I saw additional was coming out, asked MF to hold off--then reversed again when I saw you're two months away. Assuming you'll be fair on pricing for next and future issues.

I think I have made somewhat of a mistake by telegraphing the next issue of the Biotech Report on this board. Now people are reluctant to buy the current version. I hope to make each and every version stand on its own and contain enough value to justify the price. I believe that the value you get for the current issue is very large. I put over 200 hours into the current issue and it should be pretty solid. That said, later issues may come down in price depending upon the number of purchasers.

In sum, I want everyone to be able to afford the thing and feel like they got a real deal. The current report in connection with a close read of this board would serve as a substitute for the actual purchase of future issues of the report. So, if you are hard up for cash you can trade time and elbow grease for further expenditures.

When you are purchasing any of the reports, you will be doing it for two reasons. One is to give me the incentive to put the time in that I do on this board and others to enrich the community to a greater extent than I could afford to do before. The second is to get the information in a nice neat format that is easy to read and has more thorough explanation if you are pressed for time.

The success of my little help area and the sales of the report will, I believe, move in lockstep. Conduct yourself accordingly and I will respond accordingly.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement