No. of Recommendations: 2
First, I don't know what "firing" a chaplain means. Was she reprimanded? Relieved of her position and reassigned? Cashiered? That part strikes me as an effort by a non-military journalist trying to sensationalize. We need more detail in the post, without having to check links.

Second, given the likely liberal theological background of the chaplain in question, and therefore her strong bias against declaring one's faith in front of people of other faiths, I can see where she would be likely to jump to conclusions and blow things out of proportion.

46 Democrats in Congress? Given the christophobic nature of the Democrat party, you will excuse me for my scepticism.

Harrassment? Was that in the form of stating one's faith? Having a Bible on the night stand? Details, please.

Given the anti-Christian bias of the media, and a Chaplain and perhaps a Cadet with chips on shoulders, I confess to a lack of faith in your allegations.

And finally, what's wrong with proselyting? You seem to be doing that yourself, attempting to win others to your side. It goes on all the time on leftist campuses (ever listened to a leftist political harangue in biochem?), and you're complaining about its happening at a conservative campus? That's called whining.

The appropriate response to a cadet or anyone to it be the proselyter a Mormon, Christian, or Muslim, is a simple "No, thanks. I'm not interested." And if it persits, "Get lost." Anything else is whining.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement