Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
First of all, don't worry about finding a brokerage firm until you get this straightened out.
Secondly, don't liqudiate anything and pay anyone unless your lawyer says it's ok. Contrary to poular belief, taxes can be included in bk but, there is a 5 part test to be met. Talk to your CPA about the situation and have them recommend a lawyer.
For the time being, keep paying on your car until you see a lawyer. I'd strongly urge you not to do this alone.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.