Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Seathrun Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4337  
Subject: Re: Washington Mutual Bank Practices Date: 6/21/2001 1:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
First of all, have you balanced your checkbook lately? If there's a bank error and you aren't really overdrawn, then that should be cleared up and any overdraft fees returned to you. If you don't keep track of your account balances at this time, I'd recommend picking up Quicken or some other home finance software and using it.

I had a similar experience for a few months in college. The problem was, instead of overdrafting my account, the bank would bounce the checks (resulting in $15 to $30 fees from the payee for each one), which would leave me a positive balance in the account. Therefore, checks still accepted, account still open, etc. I don't remember if the bank charged me a fee for the bounced checks, or if it was just the payee.

Bottom line, you need to be responsible for how much you have and how much you spend.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement