No. of Recommendations: 2
First of all thank you very much for your candid openness.

You're welcome. However, I was taught in the rooms that I can't keep it if I don't try to give it away. When I reach out to others I get back far more than I'm ever able to give.

You are an amazing person....

I think all of us who stay away from one drink one day at a time are miracles.

....and a very good story teller

I've seen lots of drunks with the gift of gab. In sobriety, the stories are reality based.....when I was active the stories rarely were.

On that note if you don’t mind can you share your life story since then those days of your bottom?

I came....

I came to....

I came to believe....

Then I worked the steps, one at a time, in order and often reluctantly, but I worked them because I didn't want to buy back into that Hell I had so narrowly escaped. I was told to cling to the Program like a drowning person to a life preserver, and for once, I followed directions.

As I worked the steps, life didn't necessarily get better, but I did.

I learned how the AA promises came true in my life and what the saying: "It keeps getting better!" really means.

Poz
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement