Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Hochizen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 110  
Subject: First pick.... Date: 5/31/2001 9:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
HTEI

HTEI has heavy insider buying. Purchase price for me was $2.24 a week or so ago.

SEC documents reveal that Constellation Software has bought over 6% of the company's stock. A review of Constellation Software's website reveals that they grow by acquiring companies, and prefer buying companies in niche markets (which HTEI certainly is....)

One HUGE indicator is that one of the directors of HTEI, who has been buying HTEI stock, is also the President of Constellation Software!

So here is my first suggestion.....

HTEI....a buy at $2.24, and I also believe a buy at today's price of $2.75.....
Print the post Back To Top
Author: sync2sink Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 110
Subject: Re: First pick.... Date: 6/19/2001 3:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hochizen thanks for the tip.

sync

Author: Hochizen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 110
Subject: Re: First pick.... Date: 6/22/2001 12:03 AM
More info on HTEI came out yesterday. Turns out the company has been aggressively buying back its own shares (check out the news for the stock on Yahoo if it doesn't show up on Fool news for the stock here).

Reason this is important is twofold:

First, the press release noted that the company is now prohibited from buying more stock until earnings are released. It does not take much to figure that buying will resume after earnings...the low volume today shows as much...

Next, Laloggia notes that the three best signs of an impending takeover are 1. Beneficial ownership by an outsider that is buying the stock, 2. Insider buying and 3. Company buying back its own shares.

Number 3 was missing until yesterday.

Methinks I am going to pick up some more tomorrow.

Author: rosebear Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 110
Subject: Re: First pick.... Date: 6/23/2001 5:34 PM
Recommendations: 6
Sounds like a great idea.

Author: ttx24 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 110
Subject: Re: First pick.... Date: 8/29/2001 6:09 PM
According to FORBES, the Superstock Investor, since 1990, has an annualized return of 4.8%. Hardly market beating!!

http://www.forbes.com/global/2001/0122/062tab2_table.shtml

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement