Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JTinvest Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 361  
Subject: First post in 5 years... Date: 9/25/2007 9:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I recently visited this company's website and read some of the shareholder letters from the past 3 years. I'm impressed with the approach of the new CEO Per-Olof Loof who said in the 2005 Annual Report's Shareholder's Letter:

"I joined KEMET as Chief Executive Officer in April 2005. KEMET is a team on a mission: to be a successful company, which means that we have to be profitable. Being profitable in the short-term is important to employees as well as shareholders and other stakeholders.

I will not try to gloss-over or defend the FY2005 results. I have said that our number one priority is “The math must work,” and it clearly was not working. We did make progress on many fronts. However, our financial performance was unacceptable, and it will improve. Your company is taking immediate action on numerous fronts to bring the company to the performance levels you want and expect.

We have taken immediate actions to adjust our cost/expense to revenue ratio. We are reaching the conclusion of the reorganization of our global operations, announced in July 2003. Over 90% of our production workforce is now in low-cost locations. Our first production facility in Suzhou, China, is performing well, and our second should be on-line as you read this. These facilities manufacture products close to the major customers that are consuming them.
"

http://www.kemet.com/kemet/web/homepage/kechome.nsf/Weben/INVESTOR%20RELATIONS

The slogan of this company is "CHARGED."

The target for financial results is shown in the recent investor presentation on page 24 and calls for 25% Gross Margins and 10% Operating Income. They sold $175 million of convertible debt in November 2006 and are now growing the company by acquiring smaller companies. Although profitability has been limited so far I am hopeful that after integrating the recent acquisitions that the new larger company will be better able to achieve the stated financial targets...

JT :-)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement