Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Gosh. Pardon my confusion, but I cannot find this on the Social Security website. I have applied for my first social security check. My birthday is in mid-August, and I applied 3 months before my birthday. I then got a call from the SS office verifying some of my information. At the end of the call, the person told my I should receive my first check in October (3rd Wed.). I had thought I had read that I would receive it in September. The 3rd Wednesday part is correct, but should I receive my first check in September, if my birthday is in August?

Thanks for your help. If you can give me a link to that information on the SS website, I would really appreciate it. The SS website explains on when to APPLY, and all about the day of the week the check will be deposited, but it is a little strange about whether it will be the month right after your birthday month or which month the first check will be deposited. Thanks!

Footsox
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement