Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Polywilliams Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58666  
Subject: First time ever Date: 12/23/2006 11:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I woke up the other day and found myself with a beer gut and 20-25 pounds overweight.

Since then, to date I have dropped eleven pounds in eleven days. It is amazing how the weight comes off if you do not eat fat. Despite eating VERY frequently--more than ever, I have kept my fat intake under 6 grams per day and have consumed zero fat a few times.

Other than that, I have gone for a 2 mile jog-walk four times. Today will be the 5th. I cannot jog it all yet, but today I hope to go the first mile without stopping to walk. This should help me beat my twenty minute record, lol, though I think I'll bump up to three miles today.

DW is jealous as she is a slave to her household (6 kids incl a baby) so I set up a treadmill in the family room and she and the kids use it.

I SOOO want a weight bench--the nice free wt version with lat pulley and leg equipment. Besides needing a little bulk, it is my understanding that muscle burns fat/calories, so that would be a win/win! But, alas, where to put such a contraption? My kids are into sports and would use it when they are older, but DW doesn't really want the thing in the LR ha!

Still, no time for a gym membership and I'm too old school for those 'machines' anyway.

What to do? I'm off for my jogwalk. This is the first time I have ever been overweight/out of shape and I'm rather enjoying tackling this.

Polywilliams

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FoolBalance Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49990 of 58666
Subject: Re: First time ever Date: 12/26/2006 10:45 AM
Recommendations: 4
Since then, to date I have dropped eleven pounds in eleven days. It is amazing how the weight comes off if you do not eat fat. Despite eating VERY frequently--more than ever, I have kept my fat intake under 6 grams per day and have consumed zero fat a few times.

Laudable in dozens of ways! Way to go!

However, cutting the fat grams to near zero is not necessarily a good idea. Several vitamins are only absorbed by hitchhiking on fat molecules. Therefore, a small amount of fat is needed in nearly every meal to ensure that all consumed micronutrients are actually getting into your body and able to do some good.

Make sure you consume some fat every day. Make it 'good fat' like olive oil or similar.

Paul

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49994 of 58666
Subject: Re: First time ever Date: 12/31/2006 1:26 PM
Recommendations: 5
I woke up the other day and found myself with a beer gut and 20-25 pounds overweight.

Wow! What did you do the day before?

Author: Polywilliams Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49996 of 58666
Subject: Re: First time ever Date: 1/2/2007 1:36 PM
Recommendations: 2
""I woke up the other day and found myself with a beer gut and 20-25 pounds overweight.

Wow! What did you do the day before?""

>>>Uh...I slurped 25 pounds of beer.
PW

Author: Diablo2Queen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50011 of 58666
Subject: Re: First time ever Date: 1/4/2007 8:38 PM
Recommendations: 93
Other than that, I have gone for a 2 mile jog-walk four times. Today will be the 5th. I cannot jog it all yet, but today I hope to go the first mile without stopping to walk. This should help me beat my twenty minute record, lol, though I think I'll bump up to three miles today.

DW is jealous as she is a slave to her household (6 kids incl a baby) so I set up a treadmill in the family room and she and the kids use it.

Why don't you watch your children so DW can go out for a walk by herself?

Author: dianagram Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50013 of 58666
Subject: Re: First time ever Date: 1/5/2007 4:49 PM
Recommendations: 1

=========================

What .... copulation to the tune of 6 kids isn't exercise?

Diane
- only kidding ...

Author: daFlufferNut Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50014 of 58666
Subject: Re: First time ever Date: 1/5/2007 7:02 PM
Recommendations: 2
Sorry, you can only recommend a post to the Best of once.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement