UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JimFish Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308482  
Subject: First USA Visa Cards Date: 4/6/1998 2:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just read a comment concerning First USA (avoid at all cost card). I accepted a First USA Visa card about 6 months ago. Any advice concerning ownership of these cards would be appreciated. I don't want to find out the hard way if I don't have to.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Einecbn Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1034 of 308482
Subject: Re: First USA Visa Cards Date: 4/6/1998 4:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just read a comment concerning First USA (avoid at all cost card). I accepted a First USA Visa card about 6 months ago. Any advice concerning ownership of these cards would be appreciated. I don't want to find out the hard way if I don't have to.

Jim:

To reiterate, the grace period is superficial bc the payment has to be received and processed by the due date (about 2 1/2 weeks from the day I receive my statement!). Twice, I have been charged $20 late fees despite having sent the payment in at LEAST 10 days before the due date. Just get your payment in on time.

Customer service is mostly useless, clueless and available only during working hours. (Prepare to be on hold for a long time). My story: Opened card with a 5.9% 6 mo. intro APR. Days later, received same application for 3.9% APR and called them to give me this intro. offer (Helping a friend in desperate need so I carried a fairly large balance for him for a few months). Every bill I received for 6 mo. charged the higher APR. I called every single month. Finally they credited the account but never changed to the lower APR during the 6 mo. Nothing is done unless repeatedly asked to!

One last thing, be careful about their (un)convenient checks touting 7, 8, 9% APR for a few months, etc. Read the microscopic print, since they may charge a one time transaction fee of 2% of the check amount. If you do the math, it works out to practically no savings on finance charges. So if you write a check for $1000, you are charged $20 and then the lower % APR.

I guess I don't really need to emphasize this since we fools read ALL fine print! With those lawsuits against them and personal hassles, I will probably cancel the card...

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement