UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 176642  
Subject: fiscal cliff Date: 9/24/2012 3:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
As Congress and the White House hurtle toward the year-end “fiscal cliff,” American business economists would like to see them balance the federal budget with a combination of spending cuts and tax increases, a recent survey found.

They also think uncertainty about what Congress will do is holding back the economic recovery

http://economywatch.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/24/14048116-ra...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174777 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 9/24/2012 10:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
"
They also think uncertainty about what Congress will do is holding back the economic recovery"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The President has already said he will do nothing different if
re-elected. So why would you expect congress will do anything
differently.

Folks need to come to the realization that calling each other
Nazi's and stating that one side or the other is waging a "war"
on this or that is not leadership and will not unit the people
behind them.

Howie52

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174779 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 9/24/2012 11:06 PM
Recommendations: 1
<<
re-elected.
>>
That statement is not true... is an intentionally a lie or do you get your information from Fox news?

<<
So why would you expect congress will do anything differently.
>>
Congress changes after every election and if President Obama is reelected the top priority of the GOP will not be to make him a one term president.

<<
Folks need to come to the realization that calling each other
Nazi's and stating that one side or the other is waging a "war"
on this or that is not leadership and will not unit the people
behind them.
>>
I agree totally.

Author: ep0001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174783 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 9/25/2012 7:47 AM
They also think uncertainty about what Congress will do is holding back the economic recovery

We should let all of the Bush tax cuts expire. We need the money.

Also should tax every dollar of income. Everyone should have some "skin" in the game.

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174809 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 9/28/2012 10:17 PM
"<<
re-elected.
>>
That statement is not true... is an intentionally a lie or do you get your information from Fox news?"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I listened to his speech at the DNC

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174811 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 9/28/2012 10:22 PM
<<
>>

Me too and I never heard that from him...

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174812 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 9/29/2012 7:36 AM
"<<
>>

Me too and I never heard that from him... "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That seemed to be the only theme.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174814 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 9/30/2012 5:15 PM
<<
"<<
>>

Me too and I never heard that from him... "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That seemed to be the only theme.
>>

A theme you heard may have little similarity to anything President Obama said, I have listened to Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, and Hannity and they frequently claim that President Obama said something he did not say.. So you are in bad company or maybe good company in your point of view.

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174815 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 9/30/2012 8:29 PM
We disagree.

I get no sense of any compromise from president Obama - no sense
that he sees any of the problems I see - and no words that
show any change in his direction.

That was what I heard in his DNC speech as well as his campaign speeches.
Where have you heard any indication of compromise? Any indication of a
change in direction?

The only problem I hear from the administration is that people don't
do as he decrees.

Howie52
He reminds me more and more of Richard Nixon.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174816 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 9/30/2012 9:14 PM
<<
do as he decrees.
>>
Who did you hear that from??? Was it from Rush Limbaugh or Glen Bech?

<<
Howie52
He reminds me more and more of Richard Nixon.
>>

I liked Nixon too, too bad he had a paranoia problem, he had no need to cheat to win the election and created most of the impeachable offenses trying to cover up what he did...

Author: ep0001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174818 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/1/2012 2:23 PM
I get no sense of any compromise from president Obama - no sense
that he sees any of the problems I see - and no words that
show any change in his direction.

we get what we vote for and we should have know. Community organizers and activists are not the compromising type.

So, do we want the community organizer & activist again or a financial genius?

Author: ep0001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174819 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/1/2012 2:25 PM
And continuing on that same theme;

"tricky dick" or "slick willy" should have also been clues. Not necessarily all bad, but the names should have been a clue.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174820 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/1/2012 2:46 PM
Recommendations: 2
<<
So, do we want the community organizer & activist again or a financial genius?
>>

I think US operates best as a community rather than a corporation with someone who likes to fire people at the top.

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174821 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/1/2012 8:05 PM
"<<
do as he decrees.
>>
Who did you hear that from??? Was it from Rush Limbaugh or Glen Bech?"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I find it intriguing that rather than responding with a quote from
the administration saying the White House was wrong in this or that
folks always come back with "oh, you are listening to this or that
personality.

But then that is the nature of political discussions. People feel
the need to defend their candidates regardless of what actions
the candidates take or what the candidates say.

Howie52

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174822 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/1/2012 9:37 PM
<<
I find it intriguing that rather than responding with a quote from
the administration saying the White House was wrong in this or that
folks always come back with "oh, you are listening to this or that
personality.

But then that is the nature of political discussions. People feel
the need to defend their candidates regardless of what actions
the candidates take or what the candidates say.

Howie52
>>

I find it intrigueing that you cannot produce one quote of President Obama saying what you stated he said, then you start asking questions about me to produce something about something when you are the one spouting lies. But then that is the nature of a political discussion with someone who listens to Fox news...

Author: ep0001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174823 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/2/2012 7:45 AM
I think US operates best as a community rather than a corporation with someone who likes to fire people at the top.

There is a "Buggy & Buggywhip" museum in Mifflenburg, PA to remind us what life would be like without imaginative and innovation people.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174824 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/2/2012 10:13 AM
<<
There is a "Buggy & Buggywhip" museum in Mifflenburg, PA to remind us what life would be like without imaginative and innovation people.
>>

There are companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft that were built by imaginative and innovating people, then their are companies like Bain Capital that are better described by the term Vulture Capitalism.... The only thing innovative about Bain capital was its tax sheltering and off shoring policies...

Author: trismus Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174825 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/2/2012 11:11 AM
Why is 'p#ssy cat' a profanity and "tricky dick" or "slick willy" isn't.

Taken out out context they are all references to genitalia

Shouldn't there be a 'y' on the end of 'dick'?

Dick Wittington's pantomime and Tom Jones's lyrics would be banned here!!

Regards

Tony

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174826 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/2/2012 11:17 AM
There are companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft that were built by imaginative and innovating people, then their are companies like Bain Capital that are better described by the term Vulture Capitalism.... The only thing innovative about Bain capital was its tax sheltering and off shoring policies...

Too funny.

Google would not be what it is today withou venture, err I mean vulture capital.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174827 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/2/2012 11:35 AM
<<
Google would not be what it is today without venture, err I mean vulture capital.
>>

I must have missed something,,, Google was not one of the companies Romney claims to have founded.

Author: ep0001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174828 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/2/2012 11:45 AM
described by the term Vulture Capitalism...

vultures feed on the dead or near dead. I'll bet there were some vulture capitalists that went after the facilities of buggy makers.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174830 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/2/2012 12:16 PM
must have missed something,,, Google was not one of the companies Romney claims to have founded. </i.

I must have missed something,,, as you are the first person to even mention Romney in this thread. The topic of the OP had nothing to do with Romney.

Author: rayinla One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174834 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/5/2012 11:55 AM
I'm just making sure... When you're referring to Romney as a "financial genius", you are being sarcastic, aren't you?

I'm just a garden variety CPA, and I see huge gaps in his math; a real financial genius would have no problems seeing the problems.

Author: ep0001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174835 of 176642
Subject: Re: fiscal cliff Date: 10/6/2012 5:21 PM
I'm just a garden variety CPA, and I see huge gaps in his math; a real financial genius would have no problems seeing the problems.

I assume you mean his campaign mode math. Very different than his business acumen math.

Scoring both types of math, the President is 0 for 2; Romney is 1 for 2.

Looking at the campaign another way, a very liberal friend of mine said you can't believe anything a politician says in a campaign. At the time, he was talking about a liberal politician.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement