Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFKabellen Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 304  
Subject: Fiscal Fitness '09 FAQ Date: 12/31/2008 9:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Welcome! Here are some FAQs about this board.

Purpose of the board:

Basically, we want this board to serve as a kind of landing spot for people new to the Fool boards (or the Fool in general) who discover us through the Fiscal Fitness '09 series. This series will feature a money-saving tip published on Fool.com every weekday throughout the month of January. We'll be posting a link to each day's tip here, so people who want to follow the series can do so via this board.

Why we created it and how it fits into online content:

We'd like this to be a place where newcomers can sort of "dip their toes" into the Fool's discussion-board community (and hopefully like it so much they stick around to explore further)! We also hope it can be a place where veteran Fools can share their best ideas, tips, and wisdom. Since this board is specifically tied to the Fiscal Fitness series, we hope that the threads based on each day's tip will spawn interesting discussion, practical examples, and alternate ideas about the money-saving topic in question.

How you can contribute:

Share ideas of your own, give examples of how certain tips (ours or other posters') worked for you, and suggest things we haven't thought of yet! Give advice where you can, expound on your money philosophy, tell stories about Back When I Was Really Broke (OK, maybe that last one's just me) ... We want this board to be a good general resource and overview of personal-finance and money-saving issues within the Fool community, as well as a jumping-off point for people who might want to explore some of the other boards. Which brings me to ...

Other boards within Fooldom:

These boards have a similar focus, and they contain far more wisdom than I have a metaphor to illustrate.

Living Below Your Means: http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=27306077&bid=100...
How to LBYM: http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=27299069&bid=116...
Coupons N' More: http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=27291774&bid=113...
Credit Cards and Consumer Debt: http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=100145
Not a board, but a brilliant series of posts -- TamarianG's get-out-of-debt journey: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19672026

Thanks!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: yeilBagheera Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71 of 304
Subject: Re: Fiscal Fitness '09 FAQ Date: 1/1/2009 12:30 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks for FAQs
Can you have them posted in the sidebar? >>>>>>>>>

Author: TMFKabellen Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 75 of 304
Subject: Re: Fiscal Fitness '09 FAQ Date: 1/1/2009 6:31 PM
Absolutely! It's in process. :) Hopefully it'll be up after the holiday.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 84 of 304
Subject: Re: Fiscal Fitness '09 FAQ Date: 1/2/2009 6:43 PM
Recommendations: 2
These boards have a similar focus, and they contain far more wisdom than I have a metaphor to illustrate.

You are missing a number of topic-specific boards that can help you really save money.

Buy and Maintaining a Car - you'll get a lot of advice on how to buy a car or maintain it.

Building and Maintaining a Home - a lot of home maintenance advice and tips

Buying a Home - advice of purchasing a home which is many families largest budget item

Tax Strategies - advice on doing your taxes correctly. If you do them wrong, it can be an expensive lesson.

Paying for College - advice on paying for your twerp to go to school

Insurance - many people pinch pennies with coupons but fail to protect their assets with insurance

Retirement Investing - pitching all those pennies doesn't help if you don't make the savings grow

Author: yeayea00 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 108 of 304
Subject: Re: Fiscal Fitness '09 FAQ Date: 1/6/2009 10:31 AM
Recommendations: 1
Thanks for this!

As a new Fool, I think it will be helpful getting me in the swing of things around here.. these forums are so VAST its hard to know where to start!

Author: elbo1 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133 of 304
Subject: Re: Fiscal Fitness '09 FAQ Date: 1/7/2009 10:58 PM
What does it mean to post in the sidebar??

-Ellen

Author: TMFKabellen Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 139 of 304
Subject: Re: Fiscal Fitness '09 FAQ Date: 1/8/2009 10:06 AM
What does it mean to post in the sidebar??

Hello fellow Ellen,

That just means the post is accessible via the sidebar on the right side of the page (under "Announcements"). That way it's accessible from any other post.

----------->

Ellen :)

Author: yeilBagheera Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 157 of 304
Subject: Re: Fiscal Fitness '09 FAQ Date: 1/9/2009 12:09 AM
I meant that I was hoping to see the FAQs listed to the right of the message box I was reading.

It's there now.
YeilB

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement