UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HelloWorld Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308782  
Subject: Fixing Credit Reports Date: 5/18/1998 4:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
FYI, when one credit agency puts negative information on your credit report, they share it with the other agencies. However, when you submit a correction, they _don't_ share it!

If you ever need to make a correction, you must contact _all_ of the agencies.

In 1992, I was denied a Discover card because a delinquency was erroneously listed on my credit report (by The Associates). Discover identified the agencies they got the reports from (2 of the big 3). I fixed the error with those 2 companies and then got my Discover card.

Lo and behold, while applying for a mortgage in 1996, I learned Equifax was still reporting the delinquency!

Even if you get a problem cleared up with one agency - save your paperwork indefinitely! The error may still come back to haunt you.

--Mike
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MoneyBee One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1663 of 308782
Subject: Re: Fixing Credit Reports Date: 5/18/1998 9:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thanks I'll remember that. In my case it will be to make sure that old information is removed from all three. There is a 7 year limit on the info they keep on you. I do keep paper work for a long time. So that's no problem.

Just Buzzing Along
FoolBee

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement