Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mungofitch Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 14782  
Subject: FKA: MSFT Date: 12/5/2012 11:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 15
OK, sure, it's obvious, and not that big a fall.
But Microsoft is trading at $26.35, 20% off its recent high.
http://www3.valueline.com/dow30/f5905.pdf

Sure it's boring, and everybody hates them, their products, and the horse they rode in on.
Traders hate it because the share price has been flat for about 13 years,
but the business has been growing steadily so during that time it went
from expensive to fairly priced to cheap.
They still make a boat load of money, and it's cheap at maybe 8-8.5
times cash flow which seems likely to keep on rising for some years yet.

Killer balance sheet. 3.5% dividend yield. You won't go broke on it.

Jim
Print the post Back To Top
Author: soycapital Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13018 of 14782
Subject: Re: FKA: MSFT Date: 12/5/2012 7:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Agreed, bought some this week. Looks like a good value to me and I'm not easy to please at this age (I'm boring)! Thanks for bringing it up.

Author: rubberthinking Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13030 of 14782
Subject: Re: FKA: MSFT Date: 12/10/2012 4:01 AM
Recommendations: 0
You won't go broke on it.

this too shall come to pass.

Dave

Author: rubberthinking Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13031 of 14782
Subject: Re: FKA: MSFT Date: 12/10/2012 4:06 AM
Recommendations: 1
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=MSFT+Major+Holders

Bill Gates has some 5%......he started with something akin to 35 to 40% or so when Steve Balmer was cut in early on in the MSFT story.

I guess if 10% is still owned by the 'insiders' then the bag is still be held?

Dave

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement