UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757544  
Subject: Flashback Date: 11/13/2012 9:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 23
In 2004, Democrats’ rallying cry was “51 percent isn’t a mandate.” They fought Bush and the Republicans tooth and nail, and ultimately benefited in subsequent elections. Will similar obstinance redound to the GOP’s benefit? Perhaps, although their demographic challenges are serious. Republicans have an even stronger case that Obama has no mandate. Unlike Bush, his vote totals and margins decreased compared to his first election, he didn’t run on any concrete agenda, and voters returned Republicans to a double-digit advantage in the House of Representatives.
------------------------------------------------------
51% isn't a mandate. He, he, he.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654971 of 757544
Subject: Re: Flashback Date: 11/13/2012 3:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
A mandate is something Barney Frank had.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654981 of 757544
Subject: Re: Flashback Date: 11/13/2012 5:16 PM
Recommendations: 0
I keep askin'...does Barney Fwank have any teeth? I really want to know!

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655115 of 757544
Subject: Re: Flashback Date: 11/14/2012 3:03 PM
Recommendations: 3
JoshRandall
A mandate is something Barney Frank had.

Reminds of something that happened ealier this year. A towel snapping story from the guys in the office. There are 4 of us. 3 liberals and me. We get along and clown around. I hope it does not alienate me amonst anybody here at RECF, but it illustrates how guys can joke about things without being 'truely' bigotted.

2 have the name Mike. We sometimes refer to them as "Jew Mike" and "Gay Mike" because one is Jewish and the other is gay. We've all known each other for almost 7 years now.

For the hypersensitive, don't get your panties in the wad (PA people who read this). It's just a guy thing amongst friends . We keep it all under the radar so HR never knows about it, or least I hope so since I'm the one that would be the scapegoat since I'm the only white, male, hetero conservative out of the group.

Gay Mike and Jew Mike don't always get along personally. They work in the same department so occasionally fireworks fly. Jew Mike is smart but kind of irresponsible, comes in late etc... Irritates the heck out of Gay Mike who is punctual and hard working. So Gay Mike often lets loose on Jew Mike. During one particular episode, I was there while Gay Mike unloaded on Jew Mike, saying lots of very inappropriate things. Everyone who heard him agreed he was out-of-line, saying racial and religious cut downs to him in an unjokingly way....right in front of a lot of people. He got really personal and I'm surprised he got away with it.

Pissed me off. So the next day, I got a softball thrown at me. Jew Mike was asking me what I put in my workout drinks. I named the ingredients and he stops me. "Dates? I don't think I've ever had a date".

Gay Mike walks by, only hearing Jew Mike's comment and says, "you've never had a date?".

Jew Mike says, "not a 'date' date, a 'fruit' date". He was dead serious, not realizing what he just said.

wait for it.

I could not pass on this one.

I said, "that is redundant. A fruit date is pretty much one and the same to him".

Oh man was Gay Mike pissed. Called my an old MF and walked away. Jew Mike fell out of his chair he was LHAO.

I told Gay Mike, 'oh come on Mike, that's funny. You dish out the same stuff to us. Are you saying we can't go there with you?"

He told me in no uncertain terms that we cannot. He is a 'protected' group by pc standards and listed the 3 main offensive words that straights are not allowed to say to gays, but yet are perfectly acceptable for gays to use.

I say feldercarp to it all but I apologized and told him I would reframe (and I have).

Any who....how could I pass that one up. Talk about an easy kill.

decath

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655126 of 757544
Subject: Re: Flashback Date: 11/14/2012 3:36 PM
Recommendations: 0
We're all adults for crying out loud. Nothing wrong with a little fun.

People, especially people who think of themselves as victims (typically liberals and radical feminists) don't have the ability to laugh at themselves.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement