Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mindshar Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 842  
Subject: Flat revenue Date: 8/7/2007 6:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Looks like it's been years since anybody's been here... I had to dust the cobwebs off the "Post New Message" link.

But if anybody's out there I wanted to see what others' opinions are regarding the flatness in revenue over the past couple years. My inclination is that it is just general cyclical weakness in semiconductors and not specific to the company or the PLD industry.

Does anybody have any insights?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Philipo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 838 of 842
Subject: Re: Flat revenue Date: 8/7/2007 6:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
"My inclination is that it is just general cyclical weakness in semiconductors and not specific to the company or the PLD industry."

Yup, that seems reasonable.
B

Author: mindshar Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 839 of 842
Subject: Re: Flat revenue Date: 8/7/2007 10:29 PM
Good to see some life here.

Well if it is only cyclical, I think there's some good news in store for us. We're in a revenue and profitability slump, and the stock price appears to be unduly punished, which to me spells a good buying opportunity.

http://www.savicom.net/hosted/altr_xlnx_07q2.html

I've been in and out of these stocks (ALTR and XLNX) for 17 years or so, and this looks like one of the better buying opportunities I've seen in quite a while. If they do return to their long term trends there should be some significant stock price appreciation.

Author: MarkP28665 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 840 of 842
Subject: Re: Flat revenue Date: 8/21/2007 8:41 PM
I also just recently bought into the stock. I think the potential return from here is very good. I base this mostly off the recent Value Line write ups for the stock.

-- Mark --

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement