UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Gimmeaminute Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3078  
Subject: Flat Stanley's Letter to his child Date: 12/6/2003 8:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
This letter was sent with 31 pictures of Flat Stanley, the horses and other odd things :)

December 5, 2003

Dear Matthew,

Flat Stanley here! I arrived at the Neufer Household in Elmira Heights, New York in the 19th of November. They were so excited to see me that I had barely gotten out of the envelope and I was taken out on an adventure!

We rode in the car for a couple of miles and Ellie, the young girl who became my good friend pointed out the Arnot Mall (can be seen on line here: http://www.arnotmall.com/) and Elmira/Corning Airport as we went by them. It was really cool! Then before I knew it they said we had arrived. As we got out of the car I saw a really big barn and hear HORSES! ALL RIGHT! I got to go meet a bunch of horses! But Mrs. Neufer said I could only get close to a couple of them because some of them might try to eat me, EEK!

I got to try on Ellie's riding helmet (have to wear one for safety) and I got to even go riding on Patches with her! Talk about a great first day! Then we came home and had dinner. The Neufers don't eat a lot of fancy foods, just hamburgers, pizza, hot dogs, pork chops, chicken, stuff like that.

They are also a quiet family; they don't go out much but do like watching movies at home. I got to see Finding Nemo, The Matrix, Matrix Reloaded, Black Beauty, The Black Stallion (Ellie really likes the horse movies), Lord of the Rings Two Towers, and last night we watched Pirates of the Caribbean, that is one neat movie!

We also did go to the mall one night but Mrs. Neufer forgot to bring her camera along! She felt really bad that she couldn't take more pictures for you but I told her that you would understand! I also got to so the State Headquarters for NYSEG, their gas and electric company.

And another morning we went to turn out the horses at Gale's (http://www.galesequinefacility.com/) and we stopped for breakfast, I got to try breakfast pizza! That was good! Pizza dough with scrambled eggs, sausage and cheese! YUM!!

I also got to meet a lot of the animals here at the Neufer house. I heard them calling their home the Neuferland Zoo! They have 3 dogs, Juniper, Henry and Bailey (he's just visiting for the winter), 6 cats, Sprinkles, Monkey, TT, Ebony, Tweety and Itsy Bitsy. They have two parakeets, Elephant and Miss Rainbow and they have 5 ferrets! Those ferrets are crazy, everytime she would let them out she put me way up high on the desk so they wouldn't try to hide me under the dresser with their other treasures! They also have 3 turtles but they are in hibernation right now and I didn't get to meet them.

The family is really nice; Mr. Neufer works very hard as a manager and Mrs. Neufer owns her own business running errands and taking care of pets so she had time for her children. There are three children who live here, Melissa, who is 11 and in 6th grade, she goes to Cohen Middle School. She is very artistic and loves music! Then there is Ellie, who is 8 and in the 3rd grade at Cohen Elementary School. She loves horses and took me a few times to see them, it was fun! And then there is James, he is 1 ½ years old and into everything! I didn't spend a lot of time with him because Mrs. Neufer said he might accidentally hurt me. I'm enclosing the pictures that Mrs. Neufer did take while I was here and she said she hopes you really like them! She also said she was sorry that she forgot to take me to Thanksgiving Dinner but they rushed out so fast and were late but they brought me back some yummy turkey and pumpkin pie!

Mrs. Neufer said I'm leaving for Huson, Montana, just outside of Missoula! And then she said I'm going to ALASKA and then GERMANY and then back to California where a friend of hers is going to FLY me to South Carolina before I come back to see you! I will try to write from the other locations if I get a chance but if I don't I will see you in May!

Thanks for sending me on this trip Matthew, it's been a great adventure so far and I'm really looking forward to the rest of it!

Love,

Flat Stanley

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement